Fulbright Scholarship India : Give Wings To Your Dreams | GyanDhan

Scholarships play a vital part in fulfilling an applicant’s ambitions by supporting their dream of attaining higher education abroad. The Fulbright Scholarship is one such program that helps Indian students to study in the United States of America. This article helps you get acquainted with this program and all the relevant details.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/fulbright-scholarship

What does the selection process involve?

And if I am selected, when can I begin my fellowship in the US?

The selection process include vetting of the student’s application. Experts review all the eligible applications. Short-listed students are required to appear for an in-person interview with the USIEF national selection committee in New Delhi. If you are selected, you will be notified three weeks prior to the interview date.

Most Fulbright fellows begin the fellowship in August/September. It also depends on your fellowship category, so it could also begin in January.

Is there any criteria against which students are evaluated for the scholarship?

How long does the review process take? Will it be awarded before the session start?

The criteria for the scholarship is mainly your academic credentials and professional skills. Apart from this -

1. Merit of the proposed project
  2. Communication skills
  3. Outcomes, Potential impacts, and benefits

Your motivation, seriousness, maturity, and leadership are other factors taken into consideration.

The review process takes about two to three months after the application deadline.

And when is the scholarship applications open for submission?

The applications are announced in January every year.