The Southern Cross University was established in 1994 with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales and at the southern end of the Gold Coast in Queensland.
The campus at Lismore includes a science and engineering precinct, environmental laboratories, contemporary music and visual arts studios and the SCU Health Clinic. The Gold Coast campus has specialist teaching facilities for nursing and midwifery and allied health disciplines such as occupational therapy, podiatry, pedorthics and speech pathology. The Coffs
Harbour campus has specialist nursing laboratories, a biosciences laboratory, and psychology research facilities.
The Southern Cross University also runs the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC) in Coffs Harbour along with The Hotel School Sydney and The Hotel School Melbourne in partnership with Mulpha Australia.
The schools and colleges under the university are -
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Environment, Science and Engineering
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Business and Tourism
- School of Law and Justice
- Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples
- SCU College
- National Marine Science Centre
- Centre for Peace and Social Justice
For more information https://www.gyandhan.com/schools/southern-cross-university