Discussion on New Jersey Institute of Technology

Founded in 1881, New Jersey Institute of Technology, located in Newark, New Jersey is a public research university. Counted amongst U.S.’s leading public polytechnic universities, the University claims to prepare its students to be leaders in the “technology-dependent economy” of the 21st century. The university is known to implement a multidisciplinary curriculum along with a computing-intensive approach to educate its students.

It currently has 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students on its roll and offers abundant opportunities for interdisciplinary learning – which combines the humanities, social sciences, and economics. The six schools of the University offer 46 bachelor’s program, 56 master’s program, and 19 doctoral degree programs. Its Engineering school is called The Newark College of Engineering. For more information gyandhan.com/schools/new-jersey-institute-of-technology-njit

how is NJIT for MS in Cs? My GPA is on the lower end and I have no work experience. Will I get admission?

Which is better - NJIT or Rutgers?

Hi @He-man,

The university has a mediocre Computer Science department. The cost of your education from NJIT might not compare to the experience you will gain. You should consider other universities before you settle or finalize NJIT. However, I would advise you to gain some work experience to compensate for the low GPA. Get a 320+ score in GRE, and an equally good score in TOEFL/IELTS. If you can, enroll in some short courses to further upskill and get into a top university.
Hope this helps!

Hi @jasmeet,

Many students reviews reflect that Rutgers is a better choice. Though, it also depends on the course and the program you are targeting. Please mention the same so that I can provide a more detailed answer.