Questions on GyanDhan Scholarship

I am yet to receive the official letter from university. However I have the acknowledgement, can I share that on the link for GD scholarship

Hi @Komal_Girish,

For the time being, you can share the acknowledgment on the application form. However, to be eligible for the scholarship, you will have to upload the unconditional offer letter from the university before the scholarship deadline (31st August 2021).

Is it mandatory to take a loan for my master’s education? I do not intend to take a loan for this course, so should I tick “No” in the question “Is your loan application going on with GyanDhan?”?

Where in the form should we mention this?

Hi @anonymous7,

The letter of recommendation has to be on official letterhead. The LOR has to be uploaded along with the application. The recommender should not send the same through email.

Hope this clears the doubts. All the best!

Hi @Antara_Mandal,

It is not mandatory to take a loan. However, if you do intend to take a loan, the application for the same should go through GyanDhan.

You will be eligible for the scholarship even if you do not require financial assistance.

Hope this helps. All the best!

If the recommender is sending the letter of recommendation through the registered email address of the institute/company to contact@gyandhan.com how are the letter send through email and the scholarship application correlated? Should the applicant mention in the application in step 2 in the section of LOR in a word/pdf format that a letter has been send to contact@gyandhan.com by the recommender?

Hi @anonymous7,

The letter of recommendation has to be uploaded along with the application. You do not have to send the letter separately to us.

If you send the letter to us directly, it might get lost. Please attach it with the scholarship application.

I am Suman Muralidharan, and have completed the second and final step of the GD scholarship. I would like to know the status of my scholarship application and when I can expect the results to come.

Hi @Suman_Muralidharan,

The status of your scholarship application will be available on the dashboard of your GyanDhan account. The scholarship deadline is 31st August 2021. So, the decision will be announced some time after this date.

Hello,

I am a Final year PhD student at Yamaguchi University School of Medicine. I would like to know answers for some of the queries:

1. I am already in the middle of the course and if I do not hold the scholarship for any semester by the foreign country, Am I eligible to get help from the GyanDhan scholarship?

2. Why do I required to fill out for the GSAT/GMAT score or TOEFL score if I have successfully qualified for the Japan University entrance examinations? I have not been asked for any such score.

I have started with the procedure to fill out the scholarship form. I have 2 LOR from my professors but they are addressed with regarding my admission to the university. My query is whether should I upload the same or do I need a separate one for Scholarship.

Dear sir,
Hope you are doing well.Myself Pradeep badave B.E Aeronautical Engineer Chennai,I have applied for gyan dhan scholarship , 3 weeks ago but still their is no reply about any update regrading the scholarship.Kindly help me guide through this process sir.
Thank you

Hi @Sakshi_Nair,

Since your application will be judged based on the essay and letter of recommendation, I’d advise you to get a separate one for the scholarship. It will aid your chances as the letter will be customized for the scholarship and won’t be general.

Hi @pradeep_badave,

The scholarship result will be announced after 31st August 2021, as that is the deadline for the scholarship.
If you have already finished uploading the documents and completed the rest of the formalities, then you will have to wait till then to get the scholarship result.

Hi @pratibha_srivastava,

Unfortunately, you are not eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship is for the students with academic year starting in Fall 2021. Since you are already in the final year of your Ph.D., you won’t be considered for the same.

Results are declared very late mam…As my University opens in September…For visa I need to show funds…With the grace if I am getting this scholarship…Can you please elaborate…How it’s gonna be helpful

Hi @pradeep_badave,

The scholarship amount will definitely help you in financing your abroad education. However, I am afraid the result of the scholarship will be announced only after 31st August 2021.

Hello;
The website mentions the gyandhan scholarship as a scholarship loan so I am confused.Should the gyandhan scholarship be considered a loan or scholarship? Do you have to return it? Additionally what are the conditions of the scholarship? Can it be used for living expenses? Lastly how will the scholarship be disbursed to the awarded student? Could you please guide me? Thank you!

Hi @saloni

The scholarship is not a loan scholarship. You won’t have to return the amount.
There are also no conditions for the scholarship. You can use the scholarship amount as you want - towards the tuition fee or living expenses. The scholarship amount will be disbursed to the student’s account once the student presents proof of admission to us, such as a school-ID.
Hope this helps you. All the best!