Questions on GyanDhan Scholarship

Hi One of the eligibility criteria for the scholarship is that we need to take an education loan via Gyan Dhan. Is there a minimum amount of loan that must be taken? Could it be anything between full tuition fee and a smaller partial amount?

Hi @charum,

There is no minimum loan amount that you need to take. It is as per your requirement and tuition fee.

Hi! I already filled the Google form on the Gyandhan site which states that I will receive a link to upload my documents within 24 hours. However, I haven’t received any link yet, and it has been 3 days since I filled up the form. When will I be receiving the upload link to send in my CV, portfolio, and SOP?

Thank you.

Hi @Maithili_21,

I have forwarded your question to the team that handles it. I will update you as soon as I get a reply from them. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Vishakha… any update on this?

Hi @Maithili_21,

The link has been sent. Please check your email now. I apologize for the delay.
All the best!

Hello! I noticed the applicants are required to submit their TOEFL or IELTS scores. I was wondering if I could be exempted from doing so, as there is no center to answer these exams in my state, and with the pandemic, it makes it exceedingly difficult to go to another state to answer the exam. Moreover, I am a native speaker of English, and I also happen to be pursuing my Bachelor’s degree in English! The exams are not a mandatory requirement for the colleges I have applied for either.

Hello, there due to covid situations my GRE/GMAT and the English language requirements has been waived for my pg applications considering my background. How should I fill up my scholarship application in this matter.

I have got an offer letter for pursuing masters from UCD, Ireland in September 2021.I needed assistance in applying for the scholarship as there is a need for uploading the documents of the GRE score. But i have not taken up that exam.

The requirements say that I need to submit GRE scores. But unlike the US admission requirement, the GRE exam was not compulsory for admission to a canadian university and hence I did not take the exam. However, I have given the IELTS exam and have scored a pretty decent score in it. I wanted to know whether I would still be eligible for the scholarship or not.

Hi @amandadc,

In your scholarship application, you can mention that you are a native speaker of English and that there is no requirement for TOEFL/IELTS for your program. It will be taken into consideration.
All the best.

1 Like

Hi @Shohel_Das ,

Please mention that your college has waived off test requirements. It will be taken into consideration and your profile will be evaluated accordingly.

Hi @Nithin_s.rao,

If your program and course require GRE scores, then you will have to submit the same for the scholarship. The scholarship deadline is 31st August 2021, so you can submit the scores anytime before the deadline.
All the best.

Hi @Ridah_Ahmed,

Yes, you are eligible for the scholarship. In your scholarship application, please mention that GRE scores are not required for your program. it will be taken into consideration and your profile will be evaluated accordingly.
All the best.

Hi Vishaka,
Ireland university does not require me to submit GRE scores for doing Masters. So i have not taken up that exam.

@Nithin_s.rao,

You can mention the reason for not taking the exam in your scholarship application. You will be eligible for the scholarship and your profile will be evaluated accordingly.
Hope this helps!

I saw that one of the eligibility for getting scholarship is to apply to your educational loan scheme. What if I am not applying for any educational loan, am I still eligible for the scholarship?

Hi @Suman_Muralidharan,

Yes, you are still eligible for the scholarship.
However, if you do end up applying for an education loan for your abroad studies, then the loan application should go through GyanDhan.
All the best!

Hi,

I have applied for the scholarship but did not mention that GRE was optional for my course. It was not mandatory to upload the GRE report in the google form as well. What shall I do?

Also, can we see who the previous scholarship winners are?

I filled up the form for GyanDhan scholarship on the 1st of March and haven’t received any email for uploading documents yet.

Name - Ritika
E-Mail - ritika9494@gmail.com