Questions on GyanDhan Scholarship

I was offered conditional offer letter from the university from UK. Though, I believe I have fulfilled their condition but still have not received the unconditional offer. Also, there is no requirement for the GRE for my course and for proof for English language proficiency I have given PTE Academics. Kindly consider that while processing my application for scholarship.

Hi @Yatin_Singhal,

Thank you for informing us. The application for the scholarship can be submitted even if you are in the middle of the admission process. So you don’t have to worry about the conditional offer letter. We will take into consideration other test requirements.
All the best!

Hello,
I’m willing to do my PhD in The University of Hong Kong, is gyandhan scholarship applicable for Hong Kong?

Hi @Vidhya_Shree,

I’m sorry, Hong Kong is not an eligible country. Only students applying for 2-year postgraduate studies in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand & Germany are eligible for the scholarship.

Is the GD scholarship this year with September 30th deadline applicable for students joining this Fall 2020??
My admission to the US unversity for my master program has been deferred to Fall 2021, so should I be applying for the scholarship this year or next year?

Hi @Shrinidhi_Parthasara,

Since your admission has been deferred to Fall 2021, you should apply for the scholarship next year.

Hi
I came across this statement “One of the eligibility criteria of this scholarship is to have a loan sanctioned via GyanDhan” , What if I already have a loan sanctioned ?
Its possible to apply for the scholarship right ?

Hi @danusuya_amirthavall,

Sorry, if your loan is not sanctioned via GyanDhan, you won’t be eligible for the scholarship. To be eligible, you can transfer the loan process if you have taken the loan from our partner lenders. May I know the name of the lender?

Hi,

I have obtained a gold loan from IOB bank in Coimbatore (Big bazaar branch), Tamil Nadu.

Thank you,
Danusya

Hi @danusuya_amirthavall,

Unfortunately, we do not work with IOB.
I would also suggest you apply for an education loan with us instead of taking a Gold Loan. There are several benefits of an education loan such as tax benefits, lower interest rates, refundable or nil processing fees, etc. We work with PSUs and can help you get an education loan. We do not charge anything for our services.
If you wish to apply for an education loan with us, you can check your loan eligibility on our website. GyanDhan > Loans > Check loan eligibility. You will get an instant quote and our executive will contact you to take the process forward.

Hope this helps you. All the best!

Hi, I have been admitted to Masters in economics at Yale University, USA. However, it’s one year program. Am I eligible for this scholarship?

Hi @Manushi_Kumar,

Unfortunately, the scholarship is for 2-year postgraduate courses only. You won’t be eligible for the scholarship.

I have an offer letter from University Sains Malaysia. But for applying doctorate program it is not required in the given university that you have a Proof of GRE/GMAT Score, and Proof of TOEFL/IELTS Score. So I don’t have any TOEFL/IELTS score card.
Still am I eligible for the scholarship?

I have a few questions regarding the GyanDhan scholarships.

1. When does the application procedure start and what is the deadline?

2. What documents will I need to provide along with my application if I’ve not given my GMAT/GRE/TOEFL exams since they are not required for my master’s degree?

3. What are the formatting settings that are required for submitting my application essay?

4. What is the age limit for the scholarship?

5. Is this scholarship applicable to master’s courses in Design from European universities?

6. I also have not yet received my university acceptance letter. Is this a mandatory requirement?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi @arti_rana,

If your university or course requirements do not include TOEFL or IELTS score, you can mention the same in your scholarship application. However, the scholarship is eligible for students pursuing 2-year postgraduate courses. If you are applying for a doctorate program, unfortunately, you won’t be eligible for the scholarship.
Hope this helps!

Hello,
Most of the Ph.D. courses in Physics (that I am applying for) are from 3 to 5 years. In such a case, just to confirm, am I ineligible to apply for the scholarship?

Hello,

I just finished the final step. When do the results come out? Also on what basis are applications evaluated?

Hi @Maithili_21,

1. The scholarship process has started for the 2021 academic year. The deadline for the same is 31st August 2021.

2. If standardized tests are not required by the university/program, you can mention the same in your application. It will be taken into consideration.

3. There are no set format settings for the application essay. You can follow the general rule of 12 font size, double-spaced in normal margins.

4. There is no age limit for the scholarship.

5. The scholarship is eligible for a 2-year postgraduate course. There is no restriction on the course.

6. You can submit your university acceptance letter anytime before the scholarship deadline.

Hope this helps!
Do post on the thread for any further queries or doubts.

Hi @Guru_Lakshmi,

Unfortunately, Ph.D. programs are not eligible for the scholarship. Only 2-year postgraduate courses are eligible for the scholarship.

Hi @Aditi_Gopalan,

The deadline for the 2021 scholarship is 31st August 2021. If you have submitted for the 2021 academic year, you will be contacted by August end if you are selected for the next round or not.
The scholarship is merit-based. Your profile will be holistically evaluated based on - academic profile, application essay submitted, and strength of the profile. If you have submitted standardized test scores, they will also be taken into consideration.
Hope this helps!

1 Like