Types of US Visas and its Importance | GyanDhan

Replying on behalf of the speaker -

Under our laws, you actually have to have plans to go back to your home country after graduation. So, if your plans aren’t that firm right now - for example, you may want to work in the US but you don’t have a job offer, an internship, or an OPT, your answer can be that you are looking at all the options to get the best experience. You don’t need to say that you are going to stay back in the country because you are not sure yet. If you have a job offer, or an internship that is more concrete then you can share that information.
You might confuse the officer if you haven’t even started your studies yet and say that you definitely want to stay back in the US.

If you have any doubts, its just good to say that you are looking at your options.

No, it won’t affect your chances. Sometimes, it can look really good that you have a brother who has legally gone to the US and is probably working in a skilled profession.
Don’t bring it up on your own but if they ask, you can mention it. It definitely won’t hurt your chances.

Yes, it is an acceptable answer.
Sometimes, it’s more important how you are delivering the message than the message itself. I might not be able to give an exact answer to this question. That is why, we do video conferencing to consult students because we want to see how you are answering the question. It is not just what you are saying, it’s also about how you are presenting yourself, your expressions, what you are wearing, etc. These things are important.

That sounds right. The only thing I would say is if you have your I-20, make sure there is enough time for you to arrive to the US before the start date mentioned on your I-20. Between when you have your interview and when you have your visa, there are about 3-4 days. If there is no time in between for you to arrive to the US on time, then contact your DSO so that they can update that information in the SEVIS system. So that the visa officer can make sure that you can make that date.
Officers are strict about whether or not we can approve a student visa for people who are not going to be able to arrive on time to their start date.

If Your program is of 1 year Master’s degree program in STEM in USA, how long you can stay back in USA with student VISA after 1 yr STEM MS degree?

Hi @Ashish123

The stay back period is known as OPT - Optional Practical Training. Currently, it is 24 months for STEM degree graduates.
Hope this helps!

If my sister’s F1 visa was revoked recently. Will this impact my chances of obtaining F1 visa?

My sister completed her MS from a reputed university in US. Her f1 visa was revoked recently. Will her visa revocation put me in trouble in obtaining F1 visa?