Is it Possible to Change University After Scheduling a US Student Visa Appointment? | GyanDhan

MY CASE IS A LITTLE BIT different please help, getting an appointment was difficult, I was to go for an interview by August but I was only able to book an appointment for November. I have to send my i20 back to school for another. how will I link all my data with the sevis fee and I 20 with the interview date.

how can i link my new i20 with previously booked appointment

Hi @John_O_Israel

Give me some time to figure out a solution to your problem. I will update the answer soon. Thank you for your patience.

Hi @John_O_Israel

When you first received your I-20, it came with a unique SEVID ID and a barcode. This SEVIS ID is required to book the visa appointment. Now, since you have received a new I-20, you will have to update the same in your visa application.
As per your post, you have already booked the visa appointment. The steps you need to take -

1. Go to the FMJFEE website. Check your application status.
  2. If there is a valid record, you will see a transfer button. Click it.
  3. You will be prompted to fill in the new SEVID number and school information. enter details and submit.
  4. On your official email address (the one you are using for correspondence), you will receive an email of the transfer request. A second email that you will get will have the status of your application. If your transfer request is accepted, print the details. If rejected, it will have an explanation.
  5. Create a new DS-160 form and fill in the new SEVIS number and submit.
  6. Since you have already made the visa appointment and paid the fees, update the DS-160 confirmation number and SEVIS ID on the CGI Federal website.

No need to pay for the interview again since you have not attended it.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to update the information on the CGI website, then take both old and new DS-160 forms for the interview.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience. If you still face any issue, do post on the thread and I will get back to you.
All the best!

Hello,
I had booked visa Slot on dec 1st and Nov 30 as finger prints for admission into Univserity of south alabama. Paid Sevis Fee & updated DS 160 on 24.11.2021. On 25.11.21 (Early hours), i received I20 from better college (University of hosuton clear lake), now i want to transfer Sevis , is it possible in the given short period of time. If possible, please tell the steps to be followed.

please reply urgently.

Thanks & Regards
Venkatesh Kunchamwar

Hi @venkateshkunchamwar

The processing time for transferring SEVIS is 2-4 business days.

The process to transfer SEVIS -

1. Visit the FMJFEE website.
  2. Click on the ‘Check Status’ page where you will be prompted to enter the SEVIS ID number, last name, and date of birth.
  3. If there is a valid SEVIS fee record, you will see a green button of ‘Request Transfer’ under the print confirmation button. Click on it.
  4. Once you click on it, you will be prompted to -
  • confirm/update your email address.
  • confirm/update your mailing address.
  • enter your new SEVIS ID number.
  • enter your new school code or program number.

Once you have completed the steps and updated the information, you will receive a confirmation email. After your request is reviewed, you will receive an email either approving your request with information to print the new I-901 SEVIS Fee Payment Confirmation. Or you will receive an email rejecting the request with an explanation for rejection.

I hope this answer helps you. If you are unable to follow the steps or face any problem in the process, please post on the thread and I will find an appropriate solution for you.
All the best!