GyanDhan Partners with Argo : Offering Guidance in Visa Interview Preparation from Ex-US Visa Counsels! | GyanDhan

Can we show only liquid funds of saving without any loan. (1.5 times the i20 amount)
My father is sponsor my education. We have an asset which is under his name and get rent every month.
What are the rewuired documents to be presented? Will this be fine according to the rules?

I have got an admit for fall 2020. If I plan to defer my admit to spring 2021, Is there any chance of my visa getting rejected because of the deferral?

Is it wrong, if we say during the interview that I want to work using my F1 OPT visa for 3 years and then come back to my country?

do we need to answer that after completing masters ,we will return to india
…or can we say we will be in usa only

Hi

What’s the estimated time for an F1 visa to be processed? Will this estimated time be impacted by the pandemic?

Thanks

Hii…do you think there is any chance of reopening of Embassy in india?..i have all the documents ready but can’t book appointment before fall 2020…Or should i defer my admission to spring 2021?

Is it true that the U.S. embassies in India will reopen on June 4th

I’ve got admit from Arizona State University based on Duolingo English Language test. So does it affect on my visa interview ?

Hi, is there any tentative date when the US Embassy will open in India

I live in Hyderabad, Telangana, but my passport was issued before the state bifurcation, so on my passport my state of inhabitance is still mentioned Andhra Pradesh. So what do I fill in place of state? do I fill in as Telangana or do I fill in as Andhra Pradesh?

I have an oblique(’/’) in my address, but the DS-160 form’s format doesn’t allow the use of an oblique in the address, what can be in such a case?

@all here is the recording of the session:

1 Like

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I don’t think so, I mean I think that people understand, consular officers are humans too. We understand that things happen and sometimes you’re trying to get a specific test score, you’re trying to get the highest score possible. I think that’s totally understandable but again it’s important how you present this information to your counsel officer so that they’re willing to explain to you because you want to make it very simple for us to understand. But i don’t think that this will be a major hindrance.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I think that should be fine, most of the time though in my experience there is no work letter, so they might ask you why you don’t have this work letter, so i’m not sure what the circumstances are but you should have a good response for that.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I think any time you’ve been refused a visa it’s always going to be a little bit harder for you to get your visa the following time because again, like i mentioned, in our computer system we can see the notes of the previous officer so well be able to assess okay this officer thought this person does not deserve to get a visa and here’s why and so it depends on why you were refused a visa . Again, I think for you, this is a really great case for argo because then you can get a former consular officer to assess hey this is what happened during my last interview. You might not even know why you were refused a visa but if you tell us the situation we can probably give you a very good guess why you were refused a visa and how you can maximise your chances. And I think that especially if you’ve been refused a visa before your visa interview will be even more important you know so, we’ve had clients come to us, I had a client recently who came to me after being refused a visa five times. At that point, it becomes much more difficult for us to help you because you’ve had so many visa refusals but I think when you’ve just been refused once, maybe it wasn’t that serious of a refusal, again we don’t know, it might be a good thing to do.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I don’t think so, as long as you’re careful in explaining why you don’t have a job right now and how you’re able to support yourself. Maybe you have a great support system with your family so you’re able to concentrate on your GRE preparation. Again, it’s going to be important how you handle the interview.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I don’t think it’ll be. I think you can always reapply for a visa but when you’ve been refused before it’s important for you to be as prepared as possible a third time because you want to know what they’re gonna ask you and how you can change your mind. So you have been refused twice, please don’t apply a third time doing everything exactly the same because obviously that has not worked the two previous times so you want to do something different.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: There is no tentative date like i mentioned it might change soon. Number of H1B visas is going to reduce, it’s not going to reduce because it’s congressionally mandated. so the H1B visas they give 80000 visas a year and that is determined by congress and so again maybe congress will change that but i highly doubt it and 20000 of those visas are for masters or above masters or PhD students.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I don’t think so. If there’s a high volume, if there’re a lot of patients in India then what the US government will probably do is start staffing up. When I was working in Beijing, the number of visas increased dramatically even during the two years that I was there so we went from a consular section of maybe 15 officers to by the time I left there were close to 40 officers. So when there is more demand for visas the government tends to hire more visa officers.

On behalf of Ms. Mandy, Ex- US Visa Counsel: I think if you have a good loan and you can discuss it in detail how you applied for it and how you were able to qualify for it, it shouldn’t prevent you from getting a visa. But again the visa interview and how you explain is going to be very important because one of the things that we’re very concerned about with student visa applications is we need to feel confident that you’re able to pay for your schooling and so you just want to make sure you explain that well.