What do you say to everyone who argues MBAs are a waste?

Big names like Elon Musk bash the MBA wave hitting American businesses, deeming it a disaster. You’ve probably heard from a bunch of entrepreneurs, CEO big shots, and other big thinkers slamming the MBA as pointless.
Got mixed signals from my own higher-ups and guides too. They’re split—some reckon you can hit the corporate peak without it, while others swear by its one-of-a-kind experience. Interest rates through the roof, my local cash value tanking. An MBA could be on the cards but just isn’t in the cards financially for me & mine. So lay it on me—why’s an MBA totally worth it, knocking all the critics off their perch?

Personally, I just keep quiet.

What I might say probably won’t shift their opinions, and even on the off chance it does, it doesn’t really affect me. I’m solid in my choice, I’ve thoroughly done my homework, and I’m not pursuing it for anyone else.

Edit: Not exactly a rundown on why to pursue an MBA, but hopefully, this assists you in ignoring those who are opposed to it :slight_smile:

I’ve observed it’s often people who earned their MBA from some obscure, off-brand institution and stayed put in the same job for a decade who believe MBAs aren’t very impactful. Elon Musk too throws around his two cents on a myriad of topics he’s not exactly an expert in… but hey, he’s got the cash, so he must know what he’s talking about, right haha

Can you share your due diligence?

I’ve done my due diligence and I’m not doing it for someone else.

Can you share your due diligence?:joy:

LolGIF (2)