US Visa Application Process @ Neha Agarwal, Senior Counselor @ AdmitKard

US study Visa and its application process is a very important step in the study abroad journey, and we understand how it might become a roadblock for some of the students. Thus we have invited Neha Agarwal from AdmitKard to talk about:

• Queries related to the US visa application process
  • Work visa (H1B & others): criteria, quotas and more
  • Regulations around CPT and OPT - what you can and can’t do.

Neha recently joined AdmitKard as a Senior Counselor. Before AdmitKard, she worked as an Assistant Manager for 2 years. She has also worked with Chopras for 2 years as a counselor. She has approx 5 years of work experience in the study abroad counseling. She has worked majorly for the USA and Canada for student recruitment and also has a basic understanding of the overall process of all major countries abroad. Currently, she is settled in Noida with her family.

Here is how the GyanDhan webinar works:

1. Ask Qs now: You can start asking your questions right away right here.
  2. Answers via video: On Saturday, October 19th, at 5:30 PM, Neha will answer your Qs via a webinar, which you can join here.
  3. Answers transcribed for future reference: We will transcribe Neha’s answers and post them in response to your questions on this page.

"This webinar is sponsored by MPOWER Financing, a US-based organisation providing loans without any collateral, co-signer or co-applicant to international students

I’m from electronics background and work experience(in IT) of 18 months in India and i have applied for MS in informatics at NEU. Will i have problem when extending my visa to H1b, since i’m from different background?

Also, please let me know. Is it safe to go to US with current visa scenarios

Hello ,

my visa interview is scheduled in next week can you provide some guidance on that?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

For spring intakes, what are the potential downsides in terms of getting an H1b after completing studies as compared to fall intakes?

Having a close family member in US who will sponsor, does it lower the likelihood of getting student visa ?

Hi, thanks for the session.

What kind of proof of funds is better for visa interview, so that the chances of rejection is less, education loan or savings?

For showing funds during visa interview, is it required to carry bank account statements or just the original bank passbooks will be enough?

so during vacation we can work 40 hours on on-campus jobs ?

My visa was approved for the Fall 2019 session but due to some personal issues I have deferred my admission to Spring 2020. My visa is valid from 25-07-2019 to 23-07-2019. Now as I am going to join in the coming spring 2020 so do I need to go again for stamping of my visa? (I have requested for the updated I-20 from the University, however)

The Zoho application crashed and I am not able to login. Is there any chance I can get the recording of the session. I had asked the 5 th question.
Thank you
Ron

What is the procedure for SEVIS transfer?

@Ron

We will transcribe the answers given by Neha and will also share the link of the recording session.

1 Like

Hello!

My question is about the Work Visa.

I have some universities in my list which do not have STEM course because of which I will be having just 1 year for work visa. So in that one year I find a job in 3/4th month and my year ends then why would that company sponsor my visa if I have worked for so less time. Also, how can I get another work visa then?

Thankyou

Sorry mam, one last question, is it bad to tell we are going on education load in an interview?

So telling that we look forward for a job is bad?