I Paridhi , have an offer letter from a Uk Unv. , and looking to apply for some scholarships to finance my studies for UK January 24 intake , pleasee help
Congratulations on receiving your offer letter to study in the UK!
Here are the top scholarship options for the January intake - 2024:
- Chevening Scholarship: Founded in 1983, the Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious international scholarship program funded by the UK government. It aims to support outstanding individuals with leadership potential to pursue a master’s degree in the UK, providing them with access to world-class education and a global network of like-minded individuals. Applications for the year 2024-25 will be open from August 2023.
- GREAT Scholarships: The GREAT (Global Research and Education in Advanced Technologies) Scholarships India is a scholarship program funded by the UK government’s Department for Education. The program provides financial support to Indian students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies in the UK. There are around 25 GREAT Scholarships available for Indian students. The scholarships have varying deadlines applicable with different universities.
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships: The Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships benefit extraordinary students from the Commonwealth countries to study or work in the UK. Selected candidates will enjoy full coverage of their expenses with a monthly stipend. Generally, the deadlines for the Commonwealth scholarships and fellowships are in October.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship: The Aga Khan Foundation is a popular international non-governmental organization based in the Middle East. The foundation’s International Scholarship Program (ISP), known as Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship, supports deserving students from developing countries to study postgraduate courses at recognized universities abroad, including the UK universities. The 2024 - 25 cycle will open in January 2024.
- Education Future International Scholarships: The Education Future International Scholarships are partial financial aids for Indian students to study abroad. Students are selected based on their merit ranking and are funded with INR 2 - 10 Lakhs, depending on the need and academic merit. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- JN Tata Endowment: The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians is a loan scholarship of INR 1 - 10 Lakhs for Indian students to pursue master’s, PhD, and postdoctoral studies abroad. The applications will commence on January 2024.
- KC Mahindra Scholarships: The KC Mahindra Scholarships for Post-Graduate Studies Abroad is a prestigious program that aims to support Indian students pursuing postgraduate studies overseas. The scholarships are interest-free education loans awarded to exceptional individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their respective fields. Currently the applications are closed, but will be open soon in 2024 and will close around April.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships: The Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships have a rich history of providing Indian individuals with opportunities for academic and professional development in the United Kingdom. The applications will be open in February 2024.
- Inlaks Scholarship: The Inlaks Scholarship, established in 1976, is a prestigious need-cum-merit based scholarship offered by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation. It aims to support eligible Indian students in pursuing full-time master’s, MPhil, and doctoral programs in the United States, United Kingdom, and other European countries. The applications will commence in early 2024 and close by April 2024.
Carefully go through the eligibility requirements and apply for those options matching for you. I recommend you to get in touch with your university for exploring the grants provided for international students. There can be more university-specific and external organizations-funded scholarships for your case. Try your best to be in touch with your department officials and seniors to learn in detail about the scholarships available at your university.
If you are concerned over arranging funds for your study in January 2024, consider applying for an education loan. It will help you cover the academic and and living costs in the UK. Check your eligibility and explore the education loan options.
I hope the answer addresses your concerns. Thank you for reaching out to us!