The standard of education in the UK has always been top-notch. So it is no coincidence that 11 UK universities feature in the top 100 universities, according to the World University Rankings 2020. The rich culture, quality education, and strong research infrastructure of the universities are just some of the reasons for international students to choose the UK for their higher education. Last year’s data report suggests that there were 460,000 international students studying in the UK.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/uk-scholarships-for-indian-students
Currently I’m in last semester of my bachelor study.
I got conditional admission offer in uk
( University college London
And University of Manchester)
For ms in chemical engineering for sep 2021 intake.
Please suggest me scholarship for my abroad study
And also suggest me which one is best university for my course and good employability/ placement
Please refer to these links for scholarships -
You can also find scholarships on the university website. For example, UCL Chemical Engineering Department offers bursaries to postgraduate students. Refer to this link -
Bursaries and Funding | UCL Department of Chemical Engineering - UCL – University College London
Similarly, you can find it for the Univerity of Manchester as well.
You can also contact the department for more relevant scholarships based on merit or need for international students.
According to the Graduate Employability Ranking 2020, the University of Manchester will prepare you better for a job, thereby increasing your chances of employment. Though, UCL is not far behind. The University of Manchester also ranks higher than UCL for your chosen course. However, remember that UCL is in London with more options for employment. I’d recommend going through the curriculum of both the universities and check whether they correspond with your career goals or not. The subjects should help you get the desired job. Both universities are top-ranked. So, it is more about which serves your purpose better.
Hope this helps. Do post on the thread for any further queries or doubts.
All the best!
Thank you ma’am!!!
Can you give me some brief information for how i choose one of them or from which i got more n better placement chances???
Because, i confuse on should i choose according to ranking or not; or which ranking i hve to follow like qs world ranking or THE??
Hi, i want to know if there are any scholarships or financial aids provided to students who want to study in UK for their undergrad
There are very few scholarships for undergraduate programs in the UK. Most are for Masters and Ph.D. programs. However, some of the scholarships that you can explore are as follows -
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
- The Oxford-Indira Gandhi Graduate Scholarships - Eligible courses for this scholarship are Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), also welcomes proposals that fall within its general umbrella of food and water security, energy, environmental conservation, medical research and healthcare, law, governance, and gender respectively.
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship - Applicable only for Goa residents.
- University of Sheffield’s Scholarships - There are many undergraduate scholarships for international students for various programs and courses.
- University of Southampton Scholarship - scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) - offered by the Scottish Government to international students.
Moreover, these universities also provide undergraduate scholarships to international students -
- University of Leicester
- University of Westminster (two main scholarships - Westminster Undergraduate High Achiever Awards and Westminster Undergraduate Full Scholarships.
- University of Edinburgh
- Durham University -
- Warwick University
- University of Manchester
- University of Brighton
- University of Sheffield (£2,000–£2,500 scholarships to international students depending on the course)
- University College of London
- University of Nottingham
Hope this helps you. Do check out the official website for these scholarships and cross-check the eligibility for your target course.
All the best!