Scholarships, grants and financial endowments help many meritorious, but financially-weak students to fulfil their dream of going abroad to the very best of international universities for higher studies. We, at GyanDhan, have identified more than 2000 such scholarships, and you can search for them here.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/scholarships-for-studying-abroad
What can I do to increase my chances of winning a scholarship? Are there any particular steps to be taken?
There are many things you can do to increase your chances of winning a scholarship -
- Every external scholarship requires a separate application. Make sure the application is error-free. You might not get a chance to make changes to your application.
- Do not miss deadlines. For example, the KC Mahindra Scholarship mentioned in the blog has 31st March as its deadline.
- Apply to as many scholarships as you can.
- Before applying, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. Do not apply if you do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Some scholarships also require an essay/SOP to be submitted. Get it reviewed by a teacher or a mentor. You can also get it reviewed on GyanDhan here, free of cost.
- Keep up-to-date on new scholarships. Scholarships that are lesser-known are easier to win as there is less competition.
Do you know GyanDhan also offers a scholarship for postgraduate courses? Read about it here - https://www.gyandhan.com/gd-scholarship
These are some of the steps that you can take to increase your chances of winning a scholarship.
Hope this helps!
Can I still apply for scholarships if I have average scores in my Bachelor’s degree?
Thank you for your reply!!
I have planned to go to the US for Fall 2021. So is there any ideal time to apply for these scholarships?
These are fairly competitive loan scholarship programs. As expected, average scores would not help your case. But that should not deter you from applying for the scholarships as these organizations tend to look at the overall application. You need to present your best case and that could mean highlighting the strengths in your application.
Each scholarship mentioned has a deadline.
JN Tata Endowment scholarship - applications start in early December and you can submit it by mid-March.
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship - application dates for the year 2020 were 3rd February 2020 to 27th March 2020.
KC Mahindra Scholarship - deadline for the year 2020 was 31st March.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship - the process began on 6th January 2020 and the last date to apply was 15th March 2020.
Since you are planning to go to the US in Fall 2021, you have time but you can always start preparing your application well in-advance. Mark these scholarship dates in your calendar so that you don’t miss the deadlines.
How can I apply for scholarship please can you help me
To apply for scholarships, shortlist them according to your eligibility and requirements. While researching and reading about the scholarships, note down their application dates and deadline.
My suggestion - start searching for scholarships a year before you plan to move to another country for your education. If you are planning to start studies by Fall 2022, start you scholarship now. Most scholarship applications start a year before, and the process can take up to 8 to 9 months. So, start early.
You will find scholarship application forms on its respective web page.
I hope this clears your doubts. If you have any more doubts or questions, do post on this thread. All the best!