There are various need-based scholarships for international students offered by the Cornell University. One of them is Tata Scholarship for Indian students.
Note - The admission is need-aware, meaning the offer for admission is directly linked with the student’s ability to pay for the education. Therefore, students who require financial aid must demonstrate the need while applying for admission. The student will not be able to apply for the scholarship in any subsequent years of study.
- All international students need to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile.
- Students need to submit English-Proficiency Test. The university accepts the following tests -
- TOEFL - minimum score 100 and above
- iTEP - 5.5 and above
- IELTS - 7.5 and above
- Duolingo English Test - 120 and above
- PTE - 70 and above
Requirements specifically for Tata Scholarship -
- Must be an Indian citizen and have attended secondary school in India
- Must be offered admission to Cornell as an undergraduate student
- Must be eligible for a need-based scholarship
Eligible Schools / Programs -
- College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- College of Engineering
- Applied Economics and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Majors across colleges in the biological sciences, physical sciences, and other “hard” sciences, as well as the social sciences.
The scholarship amount is determined by the need demonstrated by the student. It can be up to the entire tuition fee.
Early Decision for international students - November 16
Regular decision for international students - January 2
Other TATA scholarships
- J.N. Tata Endowment Scholarships | GyanDhan
- Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust scholarship
- M.Sc in neuroscience (exclusively for women)
- Professional Enhancement Grant
Leave your questions below for any further queries.