Senior AMA - Abhishek Kumar, MS CS @ASU, System Engineer 2 @ Walmart Labs

This webinar session will be hosted by Abhishek Kumar who completed his Master of Science in Computer Software Engineering at Arizona State University. He will volunteer an hour of his time to answer your queries related to MS CS from abroad. Before ASU, Abhishek completed his BTech in Computer Engineering from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. Post undergraduate studies, he Software Research Intern at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and after that worked at Tata Consultancy Services as System Engineer. Currently, he is working for Walmart labs as Software Engineer 2 at Bentonville, Arkansas.

Here is how the Senior AMA works:

1. Ask Qs now: You can start asking your questions right away right here.
  2. Answers via video: On Friday, November 8th, at 7 PM, Abhishek will answer your Qs via a webinar, which you can join here.
  3. Answers transcribed for future reference: We will transcribe Abhishek’s answers and post them in response to your questions on this page.

@Salil_Singh
I will be joining MCS in ASU this spring 2020. How are the funding opportunities in CS department of ASU. Can you guide me what all I should be doing after joining college in order to secure funding or any kind of on campus job?

@pravikiran14
Hi, tune into this link on November 8th, at 7 PM. Abhishek will answer your questions.
Thanks

Hi! I applied to ASU MSCS for Fall 2020 via Kaplan Pathways…

My profile is
GRE 324, Quant 166…
TOEFL 110…
CGPA 8.3, graduated in 2017 B. Tech In Computer Engineering from Mumbai University…
2 years Work Experience in LTI as Software Engineer…
No research papers…
2 good LORs, 1 moderate…

What are my chances of getting an admit?

Also I heard that ASU has rolling admits. Approximately how many days after application can I expect a response?

I have a question regarding MSCS and MCS.

Is it possible to change from MSCS to MCS or vice versa when you start the program or before? What is the procedure to do so?

Also, are the subjects and the faculty of the two programs the same?

Hi there. I would like to share my profile- GRE-301, IELTS-7.5, cgpa-6.76. I would like to apply for data science. What are my chances if I write a good SOP/LOR for scholarship? How is California for job opportunities?
Also if you could share your experience for SOP and LOR with us?

Hi, can you also share us the fee for ASU? Also if you applied for a loan. If yes, which bank did you prefer?