Seeking Scholarship for MSc program in Ireland

Hello Sir/Ma’am

Hope you are safe.
I am writing this message to seek your guidance on scholarship for higher education in Ireland. I have recently begged an offer from one of the esteemed universities in Ireland and would like to know if I am eligible for any scholarships to support this education. Any guidance/help is appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi @060190,

There are several scholarships to study in Ireland. I’m providing a list for you to apply. However, please check the scholarship eligibility criteria before you apply for the scholarship.

1. GyanDhan Scholarship - read about it here - GyanDhan Scholarship | Study Abroad Scholarships | GyanDhan - You can still apply for it.
  2. Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships 2021 - €10,000 stipend for one year’s study. The scholarship deadline was 26th March 2021. You can apply for it next year now.
  3. Fulbright scholarships - there are various Fulbright scholarships for several Ireland universities. Read about them here.
  4. Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme - the scholarship applications for 2021 are closed. Read more about the scholarship here - Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme | Funding | Irish Research Council
  5. KC Mahindra Scholarships
  6. JN Tata Endowment
  7. Inlaks Scholarships

Further, there are several university-specific scholarships, that is scholarships awarded by the university upon admission. Since you have already secured admission, I would suggest getting in touch with the university and inquiring about international students’ financial aid.

Hope this helps you. If you have any further doubts, do post the same on this thread and I’ll get back to you. All the best!

Thanks Vishakha for the response. I have sent my application for Gyandhan scholarship. Can you please confirm if Fulbright scholarship is available for Indian students wanting to study in Ireland. I do see my college UCD is offering the same but not able to find the link to apply for the same.

@060190,

The Fulbright applications are closed at present.
Check out this link for scholarships offered by the UCD for Indian students - UCD Global Scholarships | International Students
I haven’t check the deadline for all the scholarships. Though, I believe applications closed in April. Please check the deadline and eligibility criteria before applying.

Hope this helps!

Hlo mam,sir

I want scholarship for further study at abroad.i want to pursue my masters in science in Canada.
Is their any kind of exam to grasp scholarship ?

Hi @Amrit_Kaur,

There are no exams to win scholarships. You will have to search for relevant scholarships and then apply for them.

To give you an idea -

There are two types of scholarships -

• Internal scholarships - These scholarships are given by universities. Most abroad universities keep a repository of scholarships for international students. Get in touch with the university office or department office of the university you are targeting. These scholarships are either merit-based or need-based. In merit-based scholarships, your academic record should be excellent. In need-based scholarships, the university decides if you qualify for a scholarship.
    External scholarships - They are given by external organizations such as the government, private companies, trust funds, etc. These are mostly merit-based scholarships.

In any case, scholarships have a deadline and require an application to be submitted along with an essay and a letter of recommendation.

If you need a list of scholarships for your MS in Canada, please provide me with your academic credentials, such as undergrad subject, GPA, GRE and IELTS/TOEFL score, and your target course.

Hope this helps. All the best!