Scholarships to Study in Canada 2024

A webinar on Scholarships to Study in the Canada 2024 was conducted on 8th March 2024 at 7 pm.

Summary of Important Takeaways

• Gyandhan is India’s first education financing marketplace, connecting students with banks, NBFCs, and international lenders for education loans.
  • Over 15,000 students have been assisted, with loans amounting to more than 5000 crores disbursed.
  • Scholarships for studying in Canada were discussed, focusing on their competitive nature and the importance of early application.
  • University-specific scholarships and president’s international scholarships at various Canadian universities are merit-based and require strong academic records, extracurricular involvement, and leadership qualities.
  • Effective application for scholarships includes starting 9-10 months in advance, showcasing extracurricular achievements, and preparing a compelling personal statement.
  • The process for PhD scholarships involves detailed research proposals and possibly connecting with potential supervisors for funding opportunities.

Questions and Answers

1. Q: How can I secure scholarships for studying in Canada?
  • A: Scholarships are highly competitive, requiring strong academic credentials, extracurricular activities, and early application. Start the application process 9-10 months in advance.
  1. Q: What scholarships are available for doctoral studies?
  • A: Focus on specific research proposals and connect with potential supervisors. Consider fellowships like the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships and Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
  1. Q: Can I receive multiple scholarships?
  • A: Generally, students cannot hold multiple scholarships simultaneously at the same institution. Focus on securing the most beneficial one.
  1. Q: Is there a cost to apply for scholarships?
  • A: No, applying for scholarships in Canada typically does not involve any fees. Your application and personal statement are crucial.
  1. Q: When is the right time to apply for scholarships in Canada?
  • A: Start your scholarship applications 9-10 months in advance of your intended start date to ensure all materials and documentation are prepared.
  1. Q: Can I get scholarships for diploma courses?
  • A: Scholarships for diploma courses in Canada are rare. Focus on bachelor’s and master’s level scholarships.
  1. Q: How do I write a compelling personal statement for scholarships?
  • A: Highlight your academic achievements, leadership experiences, extracurricular activities, and specific reasons for choosing the program and university.

Feel free to ask any queries down below…