Scholarship or funding for a student studying in the UK

Dear Vishakha,

I am Naveen, currently in UK pursuing my master’s degree in the University of Essex. I am looking for some sort of scholarship/funding and can you please help me out suggesting the right one.

Thank you

Hi @Naveen_Mallampati
There are numerous scholarships offered to students to fund themselves while studying away from their native country. Same goes for the UK. I’ve stated scholarships as follows so that you can choose the best fit for yourself :-

Chevening Scholarship
It is an initiative that supports talented professionals who have displayed prior leadership skills and exceptional performance in their respective fields of study. It gives you an accessibility so that you can apply for a scholarship or fellowship. For more information, you can check this link - 404 | Chevening

GREAT Scholarship
It is funded together by the UK Government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council under the Study UK campaign. It comprises 99 postgraduate scholarships from 36 UK universities in a variety of subjects. The monetary amount of each scholarship is a minimum of £10,000, the equivalent of one year’s tuition of a postgraduate degree. For more info, here is the link -
https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships/great-scholarships-2020/india

Commonwealth scholarship and fellowship
This offers fellowships and scholarships to students from Commonwealth countries. Indian students who apply for a master’s degree or a PhD in the UK can utilize the privilege of this scholarship to fund their education in foreign. The scholarship will cover airfare, tuition fees and some of your maintenance expenses. A link attached for the same is - https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships/great-scholarships-2020/india

Scotland Saltire Scholarship
It is an initiative given to 50 students for a one-year full-time graduation program in the field of science, healthcare, technology and creative industries and renewable and clean energy. The value of each award is £8,000 and will cover tuition fees for any one year of full-time study in the postgraduate master’s programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.

Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship
For an international student who pursued undergraduate degree overseas or in the UK and currently self-funding your postgraduate studies then you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to £5,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.

Essex Global Partner Scholarship

For postgraduate level and being an international student studying at one of our global channel partners, you could be eligible for a 20% tuition fee discount or a scholarship worth £2,000, which you’ll receive as a tuition fee discount on your first year of study.

For more info, do check out our website link as Scholarships for Studying in the U.S.A: The A-Z Guide

Wish you good luck!