Scholarship for studying in Canada for Masters program

Hii All
I am looking for guidance in scholarship to study in Canada for MBA HR of 2 yrs program I have completed my masters in finance in India . Yet haven’t given ielts
My academics till Masters is First class with distinction.I dnt have any resources nor any contact in Canada but wish to study abroad. Can anybody plz tell me which scholarship to apply nd total how much expense it comes just needed a roughly idea
Thank u in advance

Hi @Sana_Agwan

Congratulations on your decision to pursue an MBA in Canada! I hope it will be a lifetime experience for you.

Answering your question, there are general and university/college-specific scholarships in Canada for international students. Since you are in the initial stage of planning your study in Canada, you must know about the average cost of studying in Canada.

The tuition fee in Canada for MBA in HR drastically differs with universities. For example, while the annual tuition fees at York University is 29,463 CAD (INR 18,31,906), the fees at the University of Toronto is 67,530 CAD (INR 41,98,650). Plus, the average cost of living is 15,000 CAD (INR 9,32,641) per year, according to EduCanada.

Winning a scholarship can help you cover a significant part of the expenses in Canada. Here are the details of scholarships for MBA in Human Resources:

1. Rotman School of Management Scholarships: The Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto is reputed for MBA program in HR. International students can apply for various scholarships at the Rotman School of Management to fund their studies. If you are selected, you will get around 10,000 - 25,000 CAD (INR 6,21,833 - 15,54,582) per year.
2. Schulich School of Business Scholarships: The Schulich School of Business Scholarships at York University offer funds between 10,000 - 80,000 CAD (INR 6,21,833 - 49,75,207) for selected students.
3. Sauder School of Business Scholarships: The Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia offers scholarships between 10,000 - 60,000 CAD (INR 6,21,833 - 37,31,449) for students from Asia.
4. Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program: The Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program will provide 5,000 CAD (INR 3,10,926) for each session. To apply, you must secure admission to any of the participating universities in the Ontario province, such as

• Brock University
  • Carleton University
  • University of Guelph
  • Lakehead University
  • Laurentian University
  • McMaster University
  • Nipissing University
  • OCAD University
  • University of Ontario Institute of Technology
  • University of Ottawa
  • Queen’s University
  • Ryerson University
  • University of Toronto
  • Trent University
  • University of Waterloo
  • Western University
  • Wilfrid Laurier University
  • University of Windsor
  • York University

Apart from the scholarships at institutions, there are scholarships funded by various organizations as listed below:

1. Education Future International Scholarship: This scholarship funds between INR 2 - 10 Lakhs to selected students to study abroad. If selected, a maximum of 50% of the total expenses are funded, and the rest must be self-funded by the student.
2. KC Mahindra Scholarship: It is a loan scholarship that offers up to INR 10 Lakhs for the top three students and up to INR 5 Lakhs for others.
3. JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians: The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians is a loan scholarship of INR 1 - 10 Lakhs for eligible students to pursue postgraduate courses abroad.
4. Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship: The Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship is a half-loan and half-grant scholarship for eligible students to study postgraduate courses abroad. 50% of the total amount granted must be repaid by the student within 5 years after the moratorium period of course years plus 6 months.

Remember, these are some of the scholarships and not an exhaustive list.

Apart from scholarships, another option to fund your MBA in Canada is via education loans. You can check your education loan eligibility with GyanDhan and compare multiple lenders in one go. Our education loan experts will offer personalized guidance at each step of the process.

To build contacts in Canada, start by attending webinars, join focus groups, build your LinkedIn profile, follow relevant social media channels and interact with other aspirants like you. To keep yourself updated be part of webinars and events, GyanDhan also organises a lot of informative webinars where you can ask your queries to industry experts and get to meet alums.

As you have figured out your course, the next step for you will be shortlisting the universities in Canada, find out the entry requirements, appear for relevant exams and building your profile accordingly.

I hope the answer helps with your concerns. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for the right guidance. Wish you all the best!