Rochester Institute of Technology Housing

Need some guidance on the hosuing (off-campus) in Rochester Institute of Technology NY. Please DM me

Hi, Sure we are here to help you out :slight_smile:

I’m assuming you got the acceptance letter from the university.

If that’s the case, congratulations :partying_face:

As per my research, these are some of the best housing options available near Rochester Institute of Technology NY.

1. 167 Garfield St Rochester, NY 14611

Feature of the properties:

It is a well-furnished house with good amenities.

• 3 bed 2 bath house
  • Rent price: $800
  • Includes private bathroom and bedroom.
  • Includes access to a fully equipped gym.
  • Street parking, Laundry/Dryer, Centralized heating, In-Room AC

2. 691-695 Park Ave, Rochester, NY 14607

This unit is only a few minutes walk to some great bars and eats like Refresh Park Ave, Jines, Verns, and Dragonfly Tavern.

Feature of the properties:

• 1 bed 1 bath house
  • Rent price: $895
  • Includes private bathroom and bedroom.
  • Includes access to a fully equipped gym.

3. 49 Troup Street

It is located in the Cornhill area, near Cornhill Landing!

Nearby you can easily find plenty of food & entertainment including Fern Bar, Exchange Sports Bar, Exercise Express, Itasty, the Genesee Riverway Trail, and more.

Feature of the studio:

It is a well-furnished house with good amenities.

• 1 bed 1 bath house
  • Rent price: $795
  • Afresh kitchen
  • Hardwood floors
  • Storage space, and heating system
  • basement storage is offered for a $35 monthly

These are a few housing options available. It would be great if you could tell me in what range and what sort of facilities you are looking for, I can answer the same accordingly.

I hope my answer will help you out, please reply on this trail for further queries.

Thanks bipasha.goswami
These are good. This infor is required for my niece who will be joining during the spring 2023.

1. You have listed down 3 properties but can these be shared?
  2. What’s the best way to find out about these housing properties. Is there a website like Sulekha where these properties are advertised (or) internal website
  3. How can my niece find out about roommates
  4. Since she is coming from India, she will defnitely be relying on public transportation from housing to the School. Is there a website which outlines the public transportation facilities?
1 Like

Anytime Ramesh_Kesavanarayan :innocent:

Once again Congratulations to you and your niece :partying_face:

I’ll try my best to help her out with the relevant information.

1. The link for the property mentioned: Rochester Institute of Technology Off-Campus Housing & Apartments | ForRentUniversity
    Some more links: RIT Off-Campus Housing | College Rentals
    https://offcampushousingrochester.com/

2. The best way to find out about housing properties is to research more and more on google, not only the first page but 2nd, the 3rd, and 4th as well. Also, I would highly recommend your niece to get in touch with recent alumni over Linkedin or any social media site where she can interact and get more information regarding housing facilities. Especially students who went from India.

3. Again to find roommates, social media sites, different discussion forums, and most importantly she should get in contact with a student council representative of her college to get in-depth details. Also, the Facebook pages related to the university are another great way to communicate.

4. While I was researching properties, I came across this information there are several apartments where the university buses pick up and drop off students.

I highly recommend you and your niece to get in touch with the student council or alumni or any teacher, who can give you precise information because there might be several websites available but they can’t provide detailed information like the ones who are staying and studying there.

Again, I hope my answer will help you out. If still you need any help, kindly reply on the trail.

Could you share your number Bipasha. Will call you to fine tune some of the aspects you informed here.
Alternatively you can reach me at 319-400-9065

Hi,
I would suggest you connect with us over our official email id. contact@gyandhan.com