Hello everybody I really need help. Curently looking to apply in College In United States for my Master in Hospitality mangement (with scholarship) and i dont know how to do it. It would so be nice if someone could tell me . I dont have dad ( he died in 2017 with cancer ) so really trying be to something so that i can look my younger brother and mom. And Currently I live in india
To give you an idea about US university admissions -
There are two admission cycles - Fall and Spring.
Fall applications start from September (early deadlines) and go on till April (Final Application deadlines). Most universities require students to apply before the early deadline, that is September, to be eligible for the scholarships.
For Spring semester, the applications usually open around October / November.
→ Entrance tests that you will have to give -
- GRE - depends on the university requirement.
- TOEFL / IELTS / PTE - this is mandatory for every international student. Due to the pandemic, some universities have waived off this requirement. However, it is always beneficial to have this on your resume.
Every program and university have a different eligibility criteria. So, do check the program requirements before you apply. The general requirements for your program are as follows -
Note - These are the admission requirements mentioned by the University of Central Florida. The requirement for the GRE may vary depending on the university.
Now that you know the requirements, follow these steps -
- Search for universities as per your requirement. I will give you a list of universities for your target course. I suggest going through their curriculum and other requirements.
- Shortlist 5 to 6 universities. Keep a track of their application deadline and apply accordingly.
- Make sure you have already worked on your Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letter of Recommendation (LOR).
- Every university has an online portal through which you can send in your application.
- Do check the scholarships provided by the university and their deadlines. You should also search for external scholarships, that is scholarships provided by the Government, private organizations, etc. and apply to as many scholarships as you can. Just to increase your chances of winning one.
- once you have submitted your application, the university will review it and communicate its decision to you.
List of universities for your target course -
- Cornell University
- University of Central Florida
- Washington State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Houston
- Michigan State University
You can search more universities here -
Search scholarships here
I hope this answer helps you. If you have any further doubts, do post them on the thread and I will get to you. All the best!
A post was merged into an existing topic: Questions on GyanDhan Scholarship