Path to Permanent Residency in the United Kingdom | GyanDhan

The United Kingdom is one of the best choices for pursuing education as it is a great blend of people from around the world. It is also student-friendly and is amongst the leaders in almost all sectors. In total, the UK spent a staggering £83.4 billion on education in the year 2015-2016 and the numbers have risen up since then. The United Kingdom has a total of 12 universities in the list of the top 100 universities in the world. England has the famous Oxford and Cambridge, which are very well known across the world and are over 8 centuries old.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/Path-to-permanent-residency-in-united-kingdom

How long does it take to get PR in the UK?

What are the rules for the partner of a person who is already settled in the UK? If I settle in the UK, how do I go about bringing my partner to the UK with me?

If you have lived in the UK legally for 5 years, you will be eligible for PR. Of course, it also depends on the route you take. For Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants, it takes 5 years.