Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, an acclaimed businessman who established his trading firm Tata and Sons in 1868, had philanthropic ideas and vision for the country’s future. This vision led to the establishment of the JN Tata Endowment Scheme for higher education in 1892. Since then, the Trust has helped 5365 scholars achieve their dreams of abroad higher education. The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is a loan-scholarship awarded to students based on merit. Read further to know more about the scholarship.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/jn-tata-endowment-scholarships
Please tell me if can we fund our education with multiple scholarships?
You can fund your education with multiple scholarships. Any scholarship that does not allow the students to hold other scholarships will state this in its eligibility criteria. So, make sure you read the same before applying.
Can you please explain the scholarship amount that we can win in this scholarship?
The scholarship amount ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakhs. The amount that you can win will depend on your academic profile and overall profile.
Additionally, after winning the scholarship if you perform exceptionally well in your studies abroad, you will be eligible for a gift scholarship and partial travel assistance. The maximum amount for the same is INR 7.5 lakhs and INR 50 thousand respectively. Again, the amount you win will depend on your performance.
I have applied for one year Masters program in UK. Could you help me with scholarships in which i can apply.
This is a blog for UK scholarships -
Some of the scholarships mentioned in the blog are -
Common scholarships -
- Chevening Scholarship - requires two years of work experience.
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
College-specific scholarship -
- Gates Cambridge scholarship - University of Cambridge
- Rhodes scholarship - University of Oxford
The rest of the scholarships are for MBA and B.Tech courses.
Some other scholarships you can explore -
- J.N Tata Endowment scholarship
- K.C Mahindra Postgraduate scholarships
- Inlaks Scholarship
- National Overseas Scholarship Scheme by the Indian Government
- GREAT Education Scholarships
- Scholarships by The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust (work experience is a requirement)
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- Global Study Awards (IELTS is a mandatory requirement)
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
If you can give me more specifics like your course and college, I will be able to give you a more comprehensive list.
You can also search for relevant scholarships on GyanDhan’s Scholarship Finder.
I hope this helps you. All the best!
The course which I am pursuing is MSc in Data Science and Analytics
It is a one year program
University : Brunel University London
Sorry for the delay in reply. Thank you for your patience.
These are the scholarships I could find for your course and college. I should tell you though, applications for many of them have already closed for the year 2020/21. So, if you are going next year, do keep a lookout for the deadline.
- International Excellence Scholarship - there are 130 scholarships awarded by your target college. Applications will open late 2020 for January 2021 session. Check out the scholarship here.
- MSc Data Science & Analytics and MSc Artificial Intelligence Scholarship - there are 12 scholarships awarded by your college. The applications closed on 7th August 2020. Read about it here.
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship - Awarded by your college. No application is required. Though, do read the eligibility criteria. Read about it here.
Chevening Scholarships - Applications are open till 3rd November 2020. Read about it here.
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships - Applications are now closed. Read about it here.
- KC Mahindra Scholarship - Applications for the academic year 2020 have closed. The application process for Fall 2021 will begin by the end of January 2021. Read here.
- Global Study Awards - If you have taken IELTS, then you can apply for this scholarship. The applications have closed.
I hope these scholarships help you.
If there is anything else I can help you with related to your abroad education, do reply to this thread.
All the best!
Thanks for your reply. This is very helpful for me.
I would like to know about Gyandhan loan provided to students. I am looking for low rate of interest loans. Can you help me with that?
GyanDhan has partnered with several lenders in the market, including public sector banks, private banks, and private lenders. GyanDhan, at present, does not lend money. We can help you get the best education loan scheme after evaluating your profile. We do not charge anything for our services.
To give you an idea -
For a low rate of interest, public sector banks offer the best study abroad loan schemes. They offer secured education loans, that is, you will have to pledge collateral/security. PSUs give unsecured education loans only up to INR 7.5 lakhs. So, for an amount above this, you will have to pledge security. Collateral can be immovable property or liquid assets. You can also pledge third-party collateral, that is belonging to a relative or a friend if they are willing to do it on your behalf. The ROI for secured education loan starts at 7.6% for women and 8.1% for men.
If you are unable to arrange collateral or security to pledge, you can go for an unsecured education loan. There are private banks and private lenders such as Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) for the same. Keep NBFCs as last resort for the loan as they cost more in terms of processing fees and ROI. The ROI for unsecured education loan starts at 11.25%
I would advise you to check your loan eligibility on GyanDhan’s website. GyanDhan > Loans > Check loan eligibility. You will get an instant quote on checking your loan eligibility. Further, our executive will contact you to take the process forward. They will ask you some questions to understand your profile better. You can discuss various education loan schemes and they will be able to help you and give detailed information on the same.
I hope this helps you!
Do watch this video to know more about secured education loans and unsecured education loans -
All the best!