I've just received an admit for Fall '24 MS in CS and I'm pretty excited!

I’ve been hearing a lot of good stuff about UB, and it seems like a popular choice among many. But as an international student, I’m keen to dig deeper and understand how UB really fares. I’m also waiting on decisions from other unis like UIC, UIUC, Stony Brook, among others.

I’m curious, does UB really hold up well against these universities, especially for post-grad outcomes? What’s the teaching vibe like there? And the campus environment - how’s that? Most importantly, what about job opportunities after graduation?

I’ve done quite a bit of homework on UB myself, but there’s nothing like hearing from someone who’s experienced it firsthand. Your honest insights could really help me figure things out about UB, so please share your thoughts. It might just clear up a lot of things for me.

For my first semester so far, it been quite quiet as I couldn’t make much friends to hang out with. As the other comments saying they don’t give a shit about international students, I am also on that side since the international orientation felt poorly made. (I just went to the event got some freshmen items and a little campus tour) My friend who went to Seattle U said that his school made international students go into groups and had games to make them know each other. I can’t believe they also charge int students a “international student service fee” and the orientation was that. If you plan to travel and visit places in Buffalo, you either need a car or know someone that drives. Personally I prefer a more city like area that you can walk around to places or had better public transportation in general so that’s my bad on not enough research back then. Well that’s my experience for my first semester, will try to somehow better my experience for spring.