Is this doable: 330, 340, 355, 343, 360, 301?

Is this doable: 330, 340, 355, 343, 360, 301
Is this feasible if I go hard the entire sem or should I drop something?

MAT 343 btw, the rest are CS classes

Is it doable? Naah, not really… If you’ve gotten like 1 or less Bs in your whole school career before you’ll probably be fine, if you are mortal I wouldn’t do it. There shouldn’t be a need to anyway.

#peaceouthombre😉

Don’t do it. Having 355 and 360 with Carter in one semester alone is a lot to handle. Doing all of those at once is basically suicide

Which would you suggest I drop, 355, 360 or 343?

It depends on a couple different factors. If you know people and have a strong group in CSE 360, I’d take it now to get it over with as your group will make or break that class. If not, considering taking it over the summer or later with a different professor.

CSE 355 is tough to say. I personally didn’t have too much trouble in that class, but I know others who absolutely struggled with it. If you’ve had a good amount of exposure to state machines and CS theory in general, I’d take it.

I can’t really talk about MAT 343 cause I haven’t taken it yet.

If you decide to take 355, you should probably take Colbourn and choose scheme 2. It’ll have a lot less work than Feng’s class (if those are your options)

1 Like
he no longer gives the option of choosing; everyone is now by default placed in the scheme where homework assignments weight more than exams. Is that scheme 2?

Those aren’t my rigid options, what would you suggest I drop?

Probably drop CSE 360, there was more work in that class than for 355 in my experience. There’s also the slight possibility that another professor could become an option besides Carter in the future

1 Like

Okayyy, Thank you for the help :smile:

Anytime,
All the best:)

Is this doable: 330, 340, 355, 343, 360, 301 Is this feasible if I go hard the entire sem or should I drop something? MAT 343 btw, the rest are CS classes.

@pooja_yadavvv It’s doable but you will suffer. You’re guaranteed to have no life whatsoever and honestly you’re probably going to either barely pass these classes or you’re going to fail a couple. 340 and 355 alone are an insane amount of work. Adding 360 to the trifecta, also a lot of work, is madness

@pooja_yadavvv I do not recommend this. Looks awful. That doesn’t give a lot of room for a social life. Take time for yourself or take a fun class. Drop a couple of those.