Is it possible to get an admission for MS in USA with GPA less than 2?

Hello folks, I am a guy from India with 72% in high school and 88% in 10+2. therefter in Engineering I have scored less in academics due to my and my father health issues in a series manner. Now I want to prove myself that I am not the one in Engineering and aiming to study MS in USA. So, here my question is Will I get a chance to study MS in USA, if yes please suggest/guide me how. Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Hi @sheon,

You can do your MS from the US. But, you’d need help.

General admission requirements for an MS are -

• GPA
  • Transcripts
  • Standardized test scores - GRE
  • English proficiency skills - TOELF/IELTS
  • SOP
  • LOR
  • Resume

First and foremost, check your admission probability on GyanDhan’s Admit Predictor.

This tool will provide you with shortlisted US universities where you have a chance to get in. It will also suggest ways you can improve your profile.

You mentioned that your undergrad marks are at a lower end - less than 2. To compensate for that, work experience, short courses, 320+ GRE scores, TOEFL/IELTS would help you. You can also compensate for the low marks by writing a stunning SOP that shows to the admission committee skills you will bring to the university/department. LOR is another tool that can help you showcase your skills from the perspective of your professor/manager.

In short, you will need to convince the admission committee that, despite the low GPA, you’d be a valuable addition to the program. You can do so by adding any research project you undertook, short courses to gain additional skills, extracurricular activities that helped you develop leadership and teamwork skills. GRE and TOELF/IELTS scores will also matter a lot in your case.

You can avail of admission counseling to help you further with various US universities, scholarships, etc. A counselor will guide you to prep your profile to increase your chances of admission.

To begin your journey, start with preparing for GRE and TOEFL. Consult with a counselor to set a goal that will help with your chances. The next step is applying to shortlisted universities. Write stunning SOPs for each of the universities. Do not copy-paste the same.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions, do post them on this thread. I’d be happy to help!

1 Like

Awesome… Really Love the answer…