I really need your prayers.😢

I goofed up and missed my online exam for WST 313, which was due last night. Honestly, I just lost track of the date and didn’t realize until this morning. My heart just dropped. The class was going smoothly; I’m at a 98.5% currently. My professor, Jozhua Watson, isn’t great with emails, but I’ve reached out, practically pleading for a chance to take the exam. Missing this final could mean failing the course with a D, and that would mess up my graduation plans in December since everything’s already planned out. I chose to be honest in my email, thinking it’s better than cooking up some story. Do you think I’ve messed up big time?

Is it necessary for your course requirements to pass this class with at least a C? If not, a D might still see you through. Moreover, Session A classes aren’t over until the 27th, and grades must be submitted by March 1st, as per the academic calendar. Chances are you might have to redo the class, but then again, it’s the professor’s call…

1 Like

Just drop them an email and request if they could reopen it for you. They’re humans too, and hopefully, they’ll understand that everyone makes mistakes…

Do not worry this much bro, take a chill pill and everything will be alright🙌

Wait for a day or two for him to reply. If there’s no response, you could talk to someone from your department and explain what’s happening. It’s a difficult situation, but most teachers are understanding, especially if you’ve been keeping up with your coursework.

I like your username!:+1:

MamaMamaJujuBoobooGIF

1 Like

In my email, I mentioned that I’m okay with facing a penalty for my mistake but requested kindly to not mark me with a complete zero. I realize I’ve effed up.

Or maybe I am just overthinking this whole thing. Anyways, thank you for your advice people. It kind of feels good to get this load off of my chest!

I had a similar scenario with one of my assignments. I reached out to my professor in person (because it was possible) and he agreed to allow me to submit the assignment 4 days after the deadline but deducted 10% from score.

Wait for a day or two for him to reply. If there’s no response, you could talk to someone from your department and explain what’s happening. It’s a difficult situation, but most teachers are understanding, especially if you’ve been keeping up with your coursework.

I guess it also depends on the professor. Some are literal buzzkills and top notch douches.

In my email, I mentioned that I’m okay with facing a penalty for my mistake but requested kindly to not mark me with a complete zero. I realize I’ve effed up.

I don’t think it’s the case with my professor!