I have the below questions -

I have the below questions -
I have gre - 329, toefl - 115 and BE percentage around 73% which would be good universities for me to apply if I want to do MS in CS.
I have shortlisted around 15 universities but am not sure how to finalize 8-9 that I would apply to.

1 Like

is a recommendation letter from industry preferred above that of professors.
and which profs should we take recommendation from - one with whom we’ve worked more or one who has better qualifications and has done PhD?

1 Like

@Charvi_Gupta

For this I think if I have a list of universities it would be much helpful since you already have 15 universities and need to finalize 8-9. So I would say some more information would be helpful. My LinkedIn profile is in the original introduction so you can reach out to me later. I think CMU would be a good option for this.

@Charvi_Gupta

I think it needs a mix and match. Even Though I was working for 6 years I got a recommendation from my professor and then 2 recommendations from my industry partners and it depends on where your at this point of time in your career. If you just graduated, I think it would be difficult for you to get an industry. Or may b around 2-3 years of your career, I would say get 2 LOR’s from the professors and 1 from the industry partner.

I would say better qualification.

how can we save on the exchange rates from banks etc in the whole application process.

1 Like

@Charvi_Gupta
I think that would be difficult. There is a very good website called orient exchange. If you want to look in that, its based in Mumbai. They deliver the card and everything to your home even the cash. And I think they are pretty good with their jobs.