How to Select the Best Overseas Education Consultant? | GyanDhan

My internship got cancelled for this summer, haven’t completed my project yet in this domain.
I have a chapter published but it is not in this specific domain.
Undergrad CGPA presently is 8.36 (3rd year)
Undergrad college: MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology

What are the criteria for obtaining scholarships in top Canadian Universities for masters. I’m not particularly sure about the field i want to apply in, but say computer science because that is very competitive.

What are your views on Lancaster University vs University of Waterloo, having got in to both?

Where can I find the link to tomorrow’s undergrad webinar? Couldn’t find it on the “events” tab on the Gyandhan website.

Replying on behalf of the speaker -

I’m assuming you are graduating in 2020.
This is a common dilemma. Irrespective of the pandemic, students do ponder whether they should pursue abroad education immediately after graduating or wait for couple of years.

I would say, think about what you want to do. For example, getting admission into MBA abroad requires work experience. But there are courses, such as MS, that do not require work experience. In that case, you will have to think about the kind of work you will do and if that will change your profile giving you a better chance of admission.
It doesn’t make sense for students with outstanding profile - 9+ CGPA, good projects, good SOPs and LORs - to wait a couple of years. However, students with average profiles will have to think how relevant work experience will help their profile.

About the pandemic, if you are going in 2021 you will graduate either in 2022 or 2023 (depending on the length of the course). That means you will graduate two years from now. The predictions about the pandemic give us hope that the economy will revive by then. Earlier, a V-shaped recovery was predicted, but as we are seeing now, it is a U-shaped recovery. That means, the economy will recover slowly.
I don’t see any point in targeting for 2021 if you are going for a two year course and will graduate in 2023.
Hope that answers your question.

If you want to do a Masters in Computer Science or IT, 54% is on the lower side. However, admission is not impossible. Building a strong profile to compensate your percentage should be your target. This can be done with the right SOPs, good GRE score, and strong LORs.

GRE is required if you are going for a Masters in Engineering. So target a 320+ score. Get 7+ in IELTS. Write a stunning SOP - show a good story. We can help you with your SOP.
We have helped quite many students with low percentages.
So, getting admission with 54% won’t be impossible and a good GRE and IELTS score would improve your chances.

There are no studies on how much you must score in your GRE in accordance with the increased competition. Universities do not give a GRE cut off or mention any range as an admission criterion.
But if 320 was sufficient last year then I wouldn’t mind increasing it 5 to 6 points or scoring closer to 330. It is easy. You can do a 45-day crash course to improve your score.
320 is still a good score. But if 320 was accepted in your target university last year, then you can definitely increase the score to 325+ for this year. A good GRE score along with well-written SOPs and strong LORs would help you.

If you would have asked this question 6 months back, I would say target US over Canada. You can still think of US as an option if you are planning for 2021. After USA, Canada is the best option. Canada is also a better option, especially for Chemical Engineering course, compared to UK, Ireland, Australia.

That is a really good idea. We would surely invite an expert to share his/her views on the topic. Thanks for the recommendation.

We can help you with any course! We have consultants who can help you with your target course in Canada.
We have previously helped students get into Film and animation related courses, psychology related courses, or for that matter, any humanities course.
Please do contact us and somebody from our team will get back to you.

It depends on the university you are targeting. It is compulsory for some universities, for some it is optional, and for some it is not required at all. Whether you have to take the GRE or not will depend on the shortlisted universities that you will apply to. You can contact our admission counseling team. Based on your target course and profile, they can help you know whether you have to take the GRE or not.
To give you context, 80% of the universities in Canada do not require GRE.

It depends on your target course to a large extent.
For example, an MS from Canada would cost you INR 20 lakhs to 30 lakhs. This is including the living expenses. The figure is based on my experience in education loans. People generally take an education loan of INR 22 to 25 lakhs.
If you want to do PG Diploma or masters in humanities, then INR 15 to 20 lakhs.

UK is almost similar to Canada. I would say 10% to 15% costlier than Canada for MS courses and diplomas.

For Germany, students generally only require a loan for living expenses, which comes up to INR 10 lakhs.

MS from US is costlier. An MS degree from Carnegie Mellon University would set you back by INR 70 to 80 lakhs. There are colleges like Suny Buffalo as well that cost you INR 25 to 30 lakhs. On an average, a masters degree from US would cost you INR 40 to 45 lakhs.

For MBA, any ivy league university, in any country, would cost approximately INR 1 crore. If your target college is not an ivy league then the cost is almost similar to the cost of an MS degree.

To rank the countries based on the cost of the degree then the US comes first then UK, Canada, and Germany respectively.

Your goals might change after your undergrad. To give you a broader perspective, you should be able to get admission to an Ivy League college for MBA, given the right internships and work experience, since you will also be doing your undergrad from a good university like Lancaster. The value offered by an Ivy League is unparalleled irrespective of the country.
Since your target course is Economics and Politics, you can also explore courses like Masters in Public Health, Masters in Public Policies. Some good universities for the same are Harvard University or Oxford University in the UK.

You will have to take factors, such as your future goals, into consideration. Whether you want to get into a corporate job or get into research will play an important role. It is commendable that you are researching your career options in advance. You will find answers along the way as well.

Your credentials are good. And you still have a year.
If you are able to score 330+ in GRE before the next application round, then I would suggest going for it in the year you planned. You have an 8.36 CGPA, which shows your aptitude for academics. So if you are able to get a good GRE score, plus if you are able to complete your project, directly apply and there is a good chance of admission. Scoring a 320+ requires consistent efforts. Courses listed on our website will help you.
Get good letters of recommendation from your professor, write a well-articulated SOP to further build your profile. If you are able to do this, then you should not wait for a couple of years.

However, if you are not able to get a good score, then do get relevant work experience.
Your prospects for Fall 2021 will depend on how well you score and how well you complete your project.
Hope this helps!

I would rate the UK better than Australia for Masters in Business Analytics. You can explore some courses/colleges in Canada as well.
If you are currently confused between UK and Australia, drop Australia from the mix and add Canada. This is more to do with the kind of companies or job opportunities you will be able to get in the respective countries. Australia might not be able to provide you with the opportunities you’d find in the other two countries, more so because there are not many top tech companies there.
If you are planning for 2021, consider the US, UK, and Canada.

Cost -
A 1-year course in the UK would cost you around INR 25 lakhs to 30 lakhs, including living expenses.

I’m sharing my experiences with you. You can have an expert look through your profile and recommend the next step. Definitely get in touch with us for the free counseling session that I mentioned.
I’m answering the question from my perspective - If I were you, I would think about where I’m working presently and at what position. Secondly, I would see the direction in which I want my career to grow.

Some people have an experience of 5 to 7 years. They stick it out for a some years and get promoted. If you are working currently, and you like this strategy and want to adopt it then you probably don’t need a masters.

But if you want exposure and be up-to-date on the new developments in the field, then you should go it. If you want to work at an international level, then doing double masters makes sense.
Now, If you are targeting Canada 2021, then I’d say, why not the US? I’d rate the US better than Canada for the MS courses. Also, you want to do double master’s, why not consider Ph.D. in material science? You won’t have to spend anything as you’ll get stipend. Plus, you already have a masters degree. So think about it - does double masters makes more sense than a Ph.D. for you?

You should be done with your IELTS in the next couple of months. The right time to get in touch with a counselor for September 2022 would be June/July 2021. You can also contact in March/April 2021 for initial research.

Criteria for the scholarship -

• merit
  • IELTS score
  • GRE (if required)
  • work experience

These are the general criteria. Every scholarship has different criteria. So check before you apply to one. Read this blog that I’m linking here. It will give you a framework to start your work on scholarships.
Apply early to increase your chances of winning one. Do not till the deadline to submit your application. To increase your chances of a scholarship, apply for as many scholarships as you can. For this, you need to get done with your admissions on time. This is because, unfortunately, the deadline for both, scholarships and admissions, is the same. So be prepared for admission applications and get done with them before you start to work on your applications for scholarships.

Hy everyone I’m planning on applying for MS in Cybersecurity in Australia(Fall 2023), my profile isn’t very strong and because of the covid situation, should I work for 2 years and then apply to study in Australia?