How to  Get ATAS Letter for Studying in the UK | GyanDhan

Did you know that to study certain postgraduate, undergraduate, or research courses in a UK university, you need an ATAS certificate? The ATAS certificate is a prerequisite to getting the General Student Visa (Tier 4) if the course you are enrolling in requires one. Confused what the certificate consists of and what the ATAS process entails? Read on as we list down everything you need to know about the ATAS Certificate. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/atas-letter-for-studying-in-the-uk

Do I have to renew my ATAS certificate after every six months after I get my visa?

How long does ATAS certificate usually take?

No. You will only have to renew your ATAS certificate if it expires after six months before the issuance of visa. But after your visa is issued, you do not need to renew your ATAS certificate after every six months.

It can take around 30 working days (6 weeks) for an ATAS certificate to be issued. It is recommended to apply as early as possible. No charge is levied for applying for an ATAS certificate and you can apply for as many certificates as you have offers.

I have taken 7 years to complete my graduation. I had to take a 3 year gap in between due to personal reasons. Can I still get a ATAS certificate? Can anyone please help me with this

Hi @Skyline,

If you have secured admission to a UK university, you will get an ATAS certificate. You will have to submit an application form for it. The number of years taken to complete your graduation does not affect your chances of getting the certificate. Although it may pose a hurdle when you apply for admission.

Further, you do not need an ATAS certificate for every course. Whether or not you need to apply for the certificate will be mentioned on the department or university website that you are targeting.

I would advise you to read the blog once for detailed information on the certificate -

Hello,
Can you please tell me which ATAS team email address is correct??

1. ATAS@fco.gov.uk
  2. ATAS@fcdo.gov.uk

Hi @Tan

This is the email address if you wish to correspond with regards to your application -
atas@fcdo.gov.uk

Hope this helps. All the best!