How is the cybersecurity plan here at Boston?

Hey everyone, As the title says, I’m keen to hear your thoughts on how good the MS Cybersecurity program is, focusing on professor-led research, job placements, and the coursework. I’ve been admitted to the MS CS program in Miami and the MS Cybersecurity program in Boston. I’m trying to figure out which one to choose. I’m considering deferring the MS CS to check if I can secure a spot in Boston for the spring, but I’m unsure if it’s worth it since some pals mentioned that spring placements aren’t that great. Would love some advice from students who are currently at NEU.

It’s all about aligning with your career aspirations. Dive into each program's strengths—professor-led research, job placements, and relevant coursework. Don’t forget, the local tech scene matters too; Boston's vibrant tech hub could give you a leg up in cybersecurity opportunities.

Consider reaching out to current students or alumni from Northeastern University for firsthand insights, especially on how spring admissions might affect job prospects. Ultimately, select the program that best suits your professional goals and offers substantial opportunities to excel in the tech world. Choose wisely and all the best with your decision!