Finance required for Masters

Can i pursue, Masters in Food Science and Technology from Australia with 30 lakhs INR?

I have option of UK but they have 1 year masters and job opportunities are limited( considering my course and masters).

Please guide.

Hi,
Yes, you can surely pursue your career in Food Science and Technology from Australia with 30 lakhs. Usually, the cost of studying varies from university to university.
It would be great if you can tell us your preferred universities. Accordingly, we can give you the approximate cost of studying.

Well, the UK is also not a bad option to consider, it has one of the best education systems in the world.
Also, as per my research, there is a university named Cardiff Metropolitan University that offers a full-time program – 12 months / 24 months (with work placement/internship*).
You can check out more details on its official site.

I hope this answer will

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I honestly don’t know which universities in Australia are affordable.

I only know RMIT is cheap.

My background - B.Voc in Food Science and Technology from Prof.Ramkrishna More College, Akurdi, Pune, affiliated to Pune University.

My degree (Bachelor) is of 3 years (6 semesters).

I had offer letter from Cardiff Metropolitan University for this September but, at that time , I mean during the month of Feb and April, the war between Russia and Ukraine was escalating.

Due to this my family told me to apply for next year.

I graduated in October 2021.

Also, I don’t have much industrial experience and I am concerned because of that as well as of my gap year.

I will gain industrial experience from now on.

In additionto this, I am looking for 2023 Intake.

My Linkedin profile link - https://www.linkedin.com/in/rutvika-banekar

I think the profile will help you evaluate me better.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rutvika.

That’s great to know you already got an offer letter from the university.

I would like to know, why aren’t you applying again for Cardiff Metropolitan University?

Also, here are some universities in Australia you can apply to for the 2023 batch.

• The University of Melbourne (AUD$66,190)
  • Curtin University (AUD $$76,260)

As I can see on your LinkedIn profile, you have some work experience and blog posts this will enhance your portfolio work.

I would suggest you look for some scholarships. Please do read this blog, Indian Government Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students, it will help you understand various scholarship schemes. If you plan to opt for a loan, I would request you to connect with us.
We are here to help you throughout your admission process. :grinning:

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

I will check the blog you have recommended.

I have few students connected with me via LinkedIn who have studied at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

They said industrial experience is valued here and most of them are finding it difficult to secure job.(because they don’t have much industrial experience).

I am scared because of my gap year and Virtual internships.

I am trying for Australia because it has 2 years masters and it (Food Technologist occupation) falls under SOL of Australia.

That’s the reason I am keeping UK as my last option. I mean it’s great but the 1 year masters and industrial experience is something I am worried about.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rutvika.

Hi,
Anytime :slight_smile:
Oh! Now I understand your reason for not pursuing higher education at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
I will strongly suggest you to get in touch with the student representative of the university.
I think they are the ones who can help you out with more detailed information about your gap year and whether the university accepts virtual internships.
Also, for a gap year, you would have to justify the period either by mentioning some courses or internships on your resume. One more suggestion, keep your SOP strong.
I hope the colleges I suggested for Australia will help you out.
Kindly, let me know if you need more help or suggestions :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

I will let you know.

1 Like