Discussion on Syracuse University

Syracuse University is a private research University that was started in 1870. The University offers Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate programs through schools such as the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Information Studies, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Martin J. Whitman School of Management, and others. The University also offers 24 Certificates of Advanced Study Programs for specialized programs for counseling, education, and other academic areas. The U.S*.* News & World Report ranked the University 53rd among undergraduate Universities in 2019. The University is also classified as a research university with "highest level of research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. For more information https://www.gyandhan.com/schools/syracuse-university

How good is Syracuse University for MIS? What is the fee structure?

If you have gotten into SU for MIS, I would say go for it. Sure, it’s a little costly but in the end, a good program. The program in Syracuse iSchool is into extensive research. Plus, the professors and teachers make an effort. It has a good alumni base and graduate employability. You will be able to get on-campus jobs, TAship, RAship with some hard work. I’m not sure about the fee structure though. You can check it on the department website.

What type of companies come for recruitment? any big names?

Yeah, a lot of big names like JP Morgan, EY, Deloitte, Oracle, PWC, etc. come for recruitment. Obviously, your employment chances depend on your profile. The university on its part, gives you a lot of chances and exposure for career growth. You can expect job profiles like Project Manager, Business Analyst, Information Architect, etc.

For MIS, which university would you suggest- Syracuse, UTD, or UIC?