Can you please tell the best province in canada for doing pg diploma in logistics and supply chain management and what is the scope of this course at present in canada?
The best province for PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management is based on the college you opt for. The following colleges are most preferred for the same.
Publicly funded colleges -
- Humber College - Toronto
- George Brown College - Toronto
- Centennial College - Toronto
- Schulich School of Business - Toronto
- University of Winnipeg - Winnipeg
- Seneca College - Toronto
- Concordia University - Montreal
- HEC Montreal University - Montreal
Private colleges -
- triOS College - Ontario, Canada
- Reeves college - Alberta
- Vancouver Career College - British Columbia
- CDI College - This college has 23 campus locations in 5 Canadian provinces, which are British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec.
Out of all the colleges, the most recommended college is Humber College for the course.
Scope → There are many career options available after PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management with many job options such as Purchase Manager, Purchase Analyst/Assistant, Materials Analyst, Materials Manager, Operations Manager, Procurement Manager, etc. The government of Canada has remarked that in the coming years there will be exponential growth in the Supply Chain market. At any given time, there are 23,200 logistics jobs posted in Canada. In addition to this, the salary package offered is also quite good - you can expect entry-level jobs to pay about 50,000 CAD annually. If you have work experience, this number will go higher - 65,000 CAD - 70,000 CAD. Once you are established in the field, there is only growth and higher salary packages in the future.
Why humber college is the most preffered college? Is it easy to get PR from Toronto?
Humber College is preferred for Supply Chain Management as the faculty and the curriculum of the college is ranked better than the rest.
PR in Canada is point-based. International students can apply for PR under 3 programs -
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
- Federal Skilled Worker program
Ranking of international students is done through Express Entry System. Since you will be graduating from a Canadian university, you will be eligible for extra points. The more points you have, the more chances you have for PR.
Getting placed in a good company will help in the process. You can watch this video to know about PR after PG Diploma from Canada-- https://youtu.be/59KU9ARjr2s
Is this 2 year pg diploma course in logistics and supply chain managemnt at humber college? Can i get the time to do part time job if i study at humber college? What is the fee structure of this course? When will be the intakes for this college?
There are two courses in Supply Chain Management available at Humber College.
- Supply Chain Management - Ontario Graduate Certificate - 2 semesters
- Supply Chain Management, Bachelor of Commerce - Honors degree - 8 semesters
The first is a certificate course 2 semesters long, which equals 8 months. The second is an Honors degree of 8 semesters, which equals 32 months.
Ontario Graduate (Postgraduate) certificate is designed in a way to complement your post-secondary education. In Canadian terms, your bachelor’s degree, diploma, certificate course, postgraduate are considered post-secondary. The format is intensive and will prepare you for a specific field of work, in your case - Supply Chain Management. Logistics Technology is a course in semester 1. The college has tied up with Supply Chain Canada and will prepare you for job opportunities.
Regarding your concern about being able to do a part-time job - since the program is only 8 months long, you may or may not get the work permit. This depends on the discretion of the Government of Canada. Additionally, the course is quite intensive and demanding so you may not even have the time to work part-time.
The fees for the 2020-2021 academic year is - CA$ 17,027. The fees for the next intake might change. The college provides scholarships so if you require a scholarship, click here.
The next intake will be for January 2021, which is currently open for international students. If you need help regarding admissions, do get in touch with GyanDhan. We work with many consultants who can help you with admission to Humber College. If interested, do reach out to us.
Actually i am really confusing to choose the college to study logistics. I also need to do part time job so that which college is suitable to choose? If you dony mind can i get the details about Langara college?
If you want to work part-time then opt for a college with a longer course duration.
Langara College has a 2-year degree in Supply Chain Management and Logistics including one-term of work placement (the training position will, however, be unpaid).
As requested by you, a couple of things about Langara College -
- The intake for January 2021 has already started. There is no such deadline but the program does have limited seats. Admission closes when all the seats are filled.
- The total tuition cost is $ 25,380 CAD. The cost of the textbooks is included.
- There are some additional charges upon admission such as - after getting admission students are required to make a non-refundable deposit for Term 1 of $5,900 CAD plus Langara Student Union Fees. For subsequent semesters, there is a non-refundable deposit of $500 CAD.
- There are some admission eligibility criteria
- A bachelor’s degree
- A mandatory video interview as a part of admission process
- Language proficiency scores - there is a separate cut off for TOEFL/IELTS.
For TOEFL - a total score of 90 or higher with no section less than 22
For IELTS - a total score of 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0.
The college has got some mixed reviews and doesn’t have a good ranking. However, the college provides co-op and has partnered with triOS college for its curriculum.
You can also check out Manitoba Institute of Trade and Technology for a 2-year PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management Post-Graduate Diploma in Global Supply Chain Management - Updated for 2021 intake