About studying in Australia

I am studying in india currently in bsc but i had applied for tourist visa in australia and now i want to know that can i continue my degree there? Can i have migration? Can i convert my tourist visa into study visa?

If you have been granted a tourist visa for Australia, it is important to note that this type of visa is not suitable for studying or working in Australia. A tourist visa is issued for the purpose of tourism and short-term visits, and it does not allow you to enroll in a degree program or work in the country.

If you want to continue your studies in Australia, you will need to apply for a student visa. A student visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies, and it provides you with work rights so you can support yourself while you study. To be eligible for a student visa, you will need to meet certain requirements, such as having a valid offer of enrollment from a recognized Australian educational institution, and being able to show evidence of sufficient funds to support yourself while you are studying.

It is important to note that obtaining a student visa is a separate process from obtaining a tourist visa. You cannot simply convert a tourist visa into a student visa. You will need to apply for a student visa separately, and you will need to meet all the eligibility requirements for a student visa.

In terms of migration, Australia has a points-based system for skilled migration, which takes into account factors such as age, education, work experience, and language proficiency. If you complete your degree in Australia and meet the eligibility criteria for skilled migration, you may be able to apply for permanent residency in Australia.

In summary, if you want to continue your studies in Australia, you will need to apply for a student visa separately from your tourist visa application. You cannot convert a tourist visa into a student visa. If you complete your degree in Australia and meet the eligibility criteria for skilled migration, you may be able to apply for permanent residency in the country.

1 Like