What is the I-20 Form? Apply Student Visa USA | GyanDhan

All the students who plan to go to the United States of America for studies find themselves confused by the plethora of documents and processes. There are so many documents which you need to track, all at the same time. Therefore, for your ease, we bring you detailed information on some of the key documents. There are a lot of application documents that form a link between your university or college admission and your student visa application.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/US-VISA-WHAT-IS-AN-I-20

How much financial proof do we need to show for an F1 visa interview?

I think we have to show almost 1.5 times the amount mentioned in our I-20 forms. Some folks also show double the amount of the I-20. But 1.5 times is acceptable.
I wanted to know if we can get our I-20 reissued if we have misplaced it?

Yes, you can get a new I-20 reissued from your DSO if you have lost or destroyed the physical copy of the form. It is advisable to keep your I-20 with you at all times as it is an important document.

What happens when your I-20 expires?

If your I-20 has expired, you have 60 days grace period to either change your status or depart the US. If you are interested in satying and working in the US after your course completion, you must apply for Optional Pratical Training before these 60-day period ends.