Purdue University

I am planning to apply to Purdue University next fall. I wanted to know if there are any scholarships or financial aid available for international students by the university?

Hi @shiwaliii,

The university is state-assisted, public institution. Therefore, the university does not provide any financial assistance to international students, be it need-based or merit-based.
However, during the course of your study, international students are eligible for small merit-based awards. So, if you do end up going to the university, check in with your department about these awards.

Thanks!
What would be the right exam? Should I give TOEFL or IELTS? Is there any cut-off?

You can choose either exam to get admission to the university. They accept TOEFL, IELTS, ACT scores. The cut off for the exams are -
TOEFL - above 88 iBT or higher. You should also score at least 20 and above in each section.
IELTS - overall score of 6.5 or higher, with at least 6.0 band in each section.
ACT English - 28 or higher.

I have given TOEFL 3 times now but could not get a good overall score. I do have a good sectional score in two of those attempts. So can I send MyBest score?

Hi @praG,

Generally, universities do accept MyBest score. But the Purdue University has specifically mentioned that they do not superscore or accept MyBest score results.

What is the acceptance rate for Indian students at Purdue?

Can you also tell me about the CS program offered by the university?

I’m not sure about the acceptance rate. The CS program is really good. For CS, the university is ranked in the top 20 in the world. The program does not fall under the engineering department though. It comes under College of Science. It won’t be much difficult to get into the program but it would be difficult , or at least hard, to maintain a good grade. Education is top-notch and equally tough. You’d make a good choice by selecting the college for its CS program.

Hey, thanks for the answer.
Do you think it would make sense to pursue graduate degree from Purdue university? given the cost and other expenses.

Hi @Shagufta,

It definitely makes sense to pursue your graduate degree from Purdue University, even with the expenses and the tuition fees. If you are worried about funding, you can apply for various external scholarships that are available. For the US, there are Fulbright-Nehru Scholarships, MPower scholarship, etc. An education loan would also help you fund your abroad studies. Though, before taking the decision, do map out your plans after graduation, where you want to take your career graph, and what you want to do with your degree.