Job opportunities in US

I have a secure admit in MS Electrical Engineering at USA. I couldn’t get scholarship. So the expenses will be taken care by the education loan of 40lakhs. But the total cost of completing the course stands to 52 L. After the course, the loan installments will start. If I don’t find a job in US, then my parents have to sell the house for installment payments. I am in total disarray. I want to know about the job opportunities in the US and What should be my next step?

Hi Ameya,

We understand, financial uncertainties can be a problem. After all, 50 is not a small amount.
Regarding securing a job in the US, we have made an analysis on this particular issue.

See, F1 Visa is the most common type of student visa. Any student who wishes to pursue higher education from a US university can get an F1 visa. To apply for an F1 visa, you are required to present an approved I-20 form issued by your institute and an I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating that you have paid the fee. We recommend applying for your F-1 as soon as possible.
In fact, you should apply at least 2 months before you actually intend to go to the US. Students who holds an F-1 visa status are allowed to work after the completion of their degree under Optional Practical Training (OPT) program. OPT allows you to work for a period of 12 months but STEM-majors can extend their OPT for an additional period of 24 months - so, 36 months in Toto.
So, this will provide you with opportunity of 3 shots at H1B Visa, making the odds of missing out on the lottery extremely low - only 12.5% even if we assume that the probability of getting it a single attempt is just 50%.
Along with OPT, you can also work as an intern under Curricular Practical Training (CPT). It gets issued by your college for 364 days, and that too only after you have completed two semesters of your course. It gives you temporary authorization to gain practical work experience in your own field of study