University of Virginia

A public University, The University of Virginia was established in 1819. Also called UVA, the University of Virginia is considered to be one of the most respected public universities in the country. The University offers various programs through schools such as such as the Darden School of Business, the School of Medicine, the School of Law, the School of Nursing, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, and the Curry School of Education.

The School of Engineering and Applied Science focuses on research efforts in the following four areas - bioengineering, information science and technology, nanotechnology, and energy and environment. Graduate students can pursue a Master of Engineering, a Master of Science, or Ph.D. from any of the school’s 10-degree programs. Students can also pursue a joint M.E./M.B.A. degree or an accelerated master’s degree in systems engineering at the school.

The Carnegie Foundation has classified the University as a “Research University with Very High Research”. For more information University of Virginia Courses, Fee, Ranking & Admission | GyanDhan

Hey, new here
Wanted to know if the university of Virginia is worth the cost for an international student?

What are the IELTS requirement for admission to the UVA?

IELTS or TOEFL is required for international students. Though if you can prove that you have studied at an English-speaking institution for 4 years and received a degree from there, then you will be exempted.

Hey Neha, UVA is a good investment for an international student. It more or less depends on the course and department you are targeting but even the overall college experience is good and worth the investment.

I don’t have a 4-year degree. I have a 3-year degree from an English-speaking institute. Would that work?

I don’t believe it will. Its best to check with the department. There might be some leeway.

Alright, thanks.
Is there a minimum IELTS score I need for admission?

The university has not specified the minimum IELTS band required for admission. They have, however, mentioned the minimum TOEFL score - 90 (iBT). You can check the equivalent for IELTS.
Before you pay for the exam, do check in with the department for the IELTS/TOEFL waiver.

How is UVA for MS in CS - in terms of ranking, TAship/RAship, etc.? I’ve applied to it but I am a little confused about its prospects.

are there any scholarships offered by the university to international students?

Does the university have a good business school?

Hi Pranav, the university does not offer scholarships to international students. Rarely any public university in the US offers scholarships to international students. You can apply to several other scholarships offered by external organizations.

Oh, its one of the best business schools in a public university. It is a top-ranked program known for dynamic faculty and research. The MBA program offered by them is carefully thought-out and well-crafted. For a public university, the program is top-notch. There are several employment opportunities as well.

That’s great. Would you happen to know what recruiter come to the uni for placements?

Yeah, you can expect top hiring companies like Amazon, American Express, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, etc.

94% of the graduates find jobs within three months of graduating. I’d say that’s a pretty good record for the department.

What is the acceptance rate?

An overall acceptance rate of 36% I guess. There’s an admission blog section where you will find tips to fill the application form. Go by that, it should help you plenty.

what’s the tuition fess for international students?