University of Alberta

Get real-time information about University of Alberta from seniors who have gone through the whole process.

This webinar session will be hosted by Umang Patel, who is pursuing his MEng in Construction Management at the University of Alberta. He will volunteer an hour of his time to answer your queries. Before Alberta, Umang completed his BE in Civil Engineering from MS (Maharaja Sayajirao) University, Vadodara. After completing his BE, Umang taught at NEOTECH TECHNICAL CAMPUS and worked as Assistant Engineer (Civil) for GUJARAT HOUSING BOARD. At present, he is a Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Alberta.

Here is how the Senior AMA works:

1. Ask Qs now: You can start asking your questions right away right here.
  2. Answers via video: On Saturday, September 21st, at 11 am, Umang will answer your Qs via a webinar, which you can join here.
  3. Answers transcribed for future reference: We will transcribe Umang’s answers and post them in response to your questions on this page.

Hi…
Which one is better? Thesis masters at University of Saskatchewan r non-thesis option in University of Alberta?

@Umang
I am planning for masters in CS…What is the GRE scenario in Alberta…Is it required …What should be the ideal GRE score for MSc (CS) program?

Hey Guys, what are the living costs at U of A per month? And also how much scholarship do they offer?

How are the job opportunities post masters?

May I know when is the most favourable time and what criteria has to be fulfilled to get scholarhips to the indian students from u of alberta for me in chemical and material engineering admission? If not for ms

Would 3.2/4 with ielts 7.5 and Good LOR and SOP get me an admit in the meng in ece?

How are the part time jobs? And how much could you earn pm?

What about job fairs? How regular?

What are other safe universities with a good reputation to apply to?

@Umang
Posting it on an aspirant’s behalf
Can you tell me if GIC is required by all international students?

For the MSc program? Should we contact professors before applying? If so how?

A senior of mine has applied for u of alberta to cs department last year but got rejected. Can he apply to again this year with same lor and sop?

@Umang
Howz Alberta’s MINT program? Please give your inputs?

What is the Max scholarship the university could give for the MSc program?

Hi…
CGPA 8.1, IELTS 7.5
Do I have any chance in Alberta or UBC?

Do Canadian universities have placement fairs like in US universities?

What about internships? When can we apply? How easily can we get them?

How is Life at U of A, or in general Alberta? How social?