Stevens Institute Technology

Get real-time information about Stevens Institute Technology from seniors who have gone through the whole process

This webinar session will be hosted by Devesh Jain, who is currently pursuing his Masters in Mechanical Engineering from the Stevens Institute of Technology. He will volunteer an hour of his time to answer your queries. Before Stevens, Devesh completed his BTech in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Post-BTech, he volunteered for different organizations such as Vice President, a member in the National Service Scheme, Certified Volunteer under EPRIS Project of National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad, to name a few. He has also worked at Mahindra Rise as an intern.

Here is how the Senior AMA works:

1. Ask Qs now: You can start asking your questions right away right here.
  2. Answers via video: On Saturday, October 12th, at 4 PM, Devesh will answer your Qs via a webinar, which you can join here.
  3. Answers transcribed for future reference: We will transcribe Devesh’s answers and post them in response to your questions on this page.
1 Like

How is the MS Data Science program of Stevens…any idea about that…
If, what is the safe gre score fr it…and how should I prepare my lor and sop…and any input will be valuable

Also any input on the general PPO (preplacement offer) scenario in Stevens?

Is work experience compulsory?

Are there any career fairs in Stevens? And do employers hesitate in hiring international students?
and how good is 13 months of experience? I had to leave a project in mid…will it have negative impact on my profile?

I have given Gre and scored 305 what are my chances for MIS course.
I have given Toefl 87 and website says 85 + is the requirement. so shd I consider it safe?

I have done 1 internship, worked in CSI committee and many curricular activities. I Have CGPA 8.23

I have done some volunteer work…will it help in my profile…especially in this STEM field…

Can you give approx cost along with tuition fees and cost of living… The fees are very high so what are the part-time jobs people find.

does it make sense to pay deficit with loan?..I have received partial scholarship

Can you tell things which you find in stevens can be better?

“Considering the high tution fees and living cost shall one think about Stevens by looking at ROI? So in that regard, can u please shed light on average salaries CS grads can be offered?”

This webinar session will be hosted by Smit Mehta, who completed his MS in Business Intelligence & Analytics from Stevens Institute of Technology. He will volunteer an hour of his time to answer your queries. Before Stevens, Smit completed his BTech in Mechanical Engineering from Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai. Post his undergraduate studies, he worked as Data Analyst | Decision Scientist for Mu Sigma Inc. During his masters, Smit secured an internship with Direct Agents, and currently, he is working as a Data Scientist at Hearst Magazines, Greater New York City Area.

Here is how the Senior AMA works:

1. Ask Qs now: You can start asking your questions right away right here.
  2. Answers via video: On Saturday, October 19th, at 7 PM, Smit will answer your Qs via a webinar, which you can join here.
  3. Answers transcribed for future reference: We will transcribe Smit’s answers and post them in response to your questions on this page.

How is the Financial Engineering masters course at Stevens? Do they provide schlorships as well to international students?
Can you give some inputs on how to increase our chances in getting scholarships?

1 Like

The admission requirements on the website say that work experience is not compulsory but one year of experience is valued. I lack work exp., so is that a disadvantage? will my application be given less preference?

1 Like

I got admit but cost of studying is constraint to me. What are the chances of getting scholarship for graduate program

1 Like

I am in my last year of Btech CS …So wanted to know what should I choose for my masters…should I go for an MS in CS or Business Intelligence?
How these two courses are different and which one is btter in terms of job prospects?

1 Like

Does Stevens organise Career fairs as well like other US universties…if yes, how helpful they are in terms of grabbing a job…

Can you give some inputs on the internship scenario at Stevens?

1 Like

Posting it on attendee’s behalf

My application has a missing item : TOEFL/IELTS score.
I’ve already filed a petition for a English proficient waiver interview .
But I keep getting reminder mails about missing part in my application.
I’ve sent multiple mails to graduate mail id, but no one responds. What should i do?