Discussion on Northeastern University

Discussion on Northeastern University

Get more information about Northeastern University

Hi this session is very useful. Listing my questions below.

1. I have not been offered any scholarships/ assistantships during admission so the fees & expenses will be mammoth. Just for the sake of the excellent CO-OP program is it worth preferring NE over other similarly ranked universities?
  2. From my research, I’ve found that Northeastern doesn’t offer aid to international students. Is there any way to bag scholarships/assistantships? Do you have any suggestions on this?
  3. Northeastern has 4 course hours for each course and we need to complete 32 course hours, i.e. 8 courses. How hard is it to do a part-time job and manage studies? How easy are the part-time jobs to get?
  4. Could you please talk about living costs and monthly expenses at Northeastern, as Boston can be an expensive place for students.
2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for doing this. Should be quite helpful.

So, I’ll probably be applying for fall 2020.

1. I wanted to know if getting a computer science degree with a specialization in Cyber security makes more sense or just a MS in Cyber security. If yes what is the difference.

2. Is it true, it is difficult to get a job in the US, because security related degrees need a security clearance?

3. How competitive is the NEU Cyber Security course. And any suggestions you might have for a person with a low CGPA, but a good GRE, TOEFL and a excellent profile.

4. I have research experience, my papers have been accepted but not published yet, still under processing. Will the admission committee consider that?

1 Like

I have an admit from WPI and NEU-both for robotics. Which program is better in your opinion; if you know of WPI, that is.

1 Like

This is a general question not necessarily linked to NEU.
What is the procedure of applying to university scholarships?
Does the university automatically considers us for scholarship when we send an application based on our profile, or is there a different procedure to avail scholarships?

1 Like

Hello I am applying for Management information system for fall 2020.
Can you suggest some universities to me according to profile mention below
My profile:
GRE:301(158,143,3)
IELTS:7 no band less then 6.5
CGPA:8( Mumbai University)
Undergraduate: Electronics and telecommunication
Final year project on customer review analysis using data mining and sentiment analysis
1.Data Analysis internship at JIO and i also have a Letter of appreciation from Jio business head Mumbai
2.Website designing internship
3.Magazine desgning internship
Three courses related to Data
Decent extra curricular activities.

1 Like

Hi,
What will be the course duration of MS in CS, if I do a co-op of 4, 6 or 8 months? I am concerned that the money I gain during co-op will offset the living costs and other expenses due to the extra duration required to complete the course.

1 Like

Myself applied for the Masters in Cyber security.I want to know the total cost involved in two years. It will be a great help for me. Pratik Dasasked at 7:02 pm.
Myself Pratik from Delhi.

1 Like

Can you comment on the quality of education provided in NEU wrt to Universities like ASU and UC Davis and Stony Brook? Esp. in MSCS? Like the professors, course difficulty, research groups etc.?

1 Like
  1. How easy is it to get on campus jobs?
  2. Do MS with Thesis students get to do TA?
  3. What is the class size for CS?
  4. What is approx rent for houses within 2 miles from the campus?
1 Like

Whats the difference between co-op and internship?

1 Like

Can you tell me about Data Science Course ? Is northeastern a better choice ?

1 Like

Are you able to pay for expenses and loans from the salary from co-op. I already have an admit for Computer Science. Can you shed some light on how good the program is for research and then getting a job later through this. Do you suggest the college for MS in CS generaly and not for Cybersecurity in particular

1 Like
  1. what is the batch size of ms cs?
  2. how many students get coop oppourtunities?
  3. where do most students get placed (mass recruiters) ms cs…
1 Like

The health insurance by NEU which is around $2224 is for 1 year or just spring + fall (8 months)?

1 Like

I have the below questions -
I have gre - 329, toefl - 115 and BE percentage around 73% which would be good universities for me to apply if I want to do MS in CS.
I have shortlisted around 15 universities but am not sure how to finalize 8-9 that I would apply to.

1 Like

is a recommendation letter from industry preferred above that of professors.
and which profs should we take recommendation from - one with whom we’ve worked more or one who has better qualifications and has done PhD?

1 Like

How are the other campuses of NEU i.e. Seattle, Silicon Valley, Vancouver etc? (in terms of education quality and work opportunities)

1 Like

Do you think getting an admit at NEU in CyberSecurity with backlog is possible?

1 Like

how can we save on the exchange rates from banks etc in the whole application process.

1 Like