Diploma or Bachelors in Animation

I will be giving my 12th Board exams in 2022. I want to pursue career in Animation. I would like to know which is better or enough to begin with - Diploma or Bachelors. Which are the best colleges for the same in Canada. Kindly guide.

Hi @shuban_sk

The choice between a Diploma and a bachelor’s degree depends on

1. What you plan to do next - find a job or study further. A diploma will make you employable faster. However, you may need the in-depth knowledge of an undergrad degree to really excel in your field.
  2. How much you want to learn about the course - Diplomas offer more practical knowledge, whereas an undergrad will explain the subject in detail.
  3. How much time you can afford to expend on the degree - diplomas are of shorter duration - 9 months to a year. An undergrad degree will take 3-4 years to complete.
  4. Do you fit the eligibility criteria - admission to an undergrad degree will require more requisites. A diploma will not have such hang-ups.
  5. How much you can spend on a degree - Diploma will obviously cost less because of the less duration.

So, ask yourself these questions and you will find the better choice as per your needs.

The colleges in Canada that offer undergraduate/Diploma in Animation are as follows -

• Queen’s University
  • Sheridan College
  • Brock University
  • Centennial College
  • Conestoga College
  • Fanshawe College
  • Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
  • Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
  • OCAD University
  • Vancouver Film School
  • Vancouver Institute of Media Arts
  • Seneca College