Brock University

Humber is also offering the course and I’d recommend Humber for the course. The curriculum is better than Conestoga, plus there is work placement in semester 4 so you will get practical knowledge as well. The fee is a little higher than Conestoga but the curriculum is interesting and contemporary. Humber would be a better choice.

Hi,
I have an admit from Brock University for Masters in Education (ISP) Program and want to know if the course is good and what are job prospects post the course.
I have completed a Bachelor’s in English Literature and have one year of experience as a Teacher and for July 2021, I will have two years of experience.
Help will be appreciated.
Thank You.

The program is specially designed for international students and will give you an understanding about the Canadian education system. On the job front, teaching is a regulated profession in Canada. That means to get work as a teacher, you’d need Ontario Certificate Teacher (OCT) designation, which is a long process. The college has also mentioned that specialization does not lead to OCT designation, which is required to teach in public K-12 schools.
Another thing about regulated professions is that they are regulated at a provincial/territorial level. You will have to apply to the proper authorities to get the certificate as the requirements differ from province to province. For this, you will first have to figure out the province you want to live in. Getting a job post this course might be difficult. The course will, however, provide you with an option to get on-field experience. It is not guaranteed that it will lead to permanent employment as this experience is a part of the course.

The course is average as it covers the basics of teaching in Canada. But if you do want to settle down in Canada and teach there, then a good starting point would be getting a Bachelors of Education, which is also a requirement to become a teacher in Canada in addition to OCT.
I would advise you to chalk out your future plan and then decide if this degree serves that purpose.

Hi!
Thank you so much for your words above.
The problem with Bachelor’s is that it will be extremely expensive for me compared to a Master’s and I cannot invest 4 years time in education as of now.

Hi,

I received admission from Brock for MBA(ISP). Just wanted to how the co-op programs are and placement after that.

My Profile :-
Work exp : 3 yrs
IELTS : 7.5

Hi @sukandan,

Brock is a Tier-2 university. You will benefit from the proximity to Toronto for job placements. As for the Co-op, it is an optional term up on securing 75% aggregate and is paid work experience. The duration is four months but can be extended to eight or twelve months. Some of the sample employers for Co-op are Bell Canada, Coca-Cola, Hydro One, Research in Motion, Ministry of Transportation, Felcomm Data, etc. Some Brock students also end up as full-time employees of these companies, though it mainly depends on your profile and work.
Hope this helps you.