Any tips for kickstarting first semester at the university?

Got any handy tips for folks kickstarting their first semester at the University of Central Missouri? ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ“š
Hi Avni, I think I can help you out with this as a recent graduate of UCM (Master in Teaching program) I would say:

Plan your courses - Balance the difficult courses with relatively easier ones.
Track and maintain a high grade, especially in the beginning of each course, since you will tire towards the end. (I tracked my grades as they are entered per assignment. I do this so that I can maintain an A average, and avoid surprises).
Surround yourself with good students who will motivate/inspire/push you to succeed (If your classes are hybrid (i.e. a mix of online and face to face), make sure that you start with face to face classes to establish your network of friends who could be your source of support).
Get to know your professors, especially in the first year when you are trying to find your bearing. (After a long time away from school, my Research professor was able to give me just the right amount of encouragement and support that I needed to set the tone for the next 2 years.)
Pace yourself. Understand that it is a marathon, not a sprint. (I allowed time for myself to decompress after a grueling course, a tough test, or a long semester).
Treat yourself when youโ€™ve deserved it. (My goal is simple, get an A in the course. So when I deserved it, Iโ€™ll pat myself on the back, then enjoy spending some time with my family).
And enjoy the process of learning (Iโ€™ve enjoyed and benefited from all my classes because I didnโ€™t just focus on the grades. I wanted to gain beneficial/practical knowledge that would help me to become a great teacher).
Iโ€™ve kept my advice general - what Iโ€™ve listed can be applicable to all fields of study, not just Education. I was a full-time teacher, with 3 kids, taking part-time hybrid courses. Towards the end of the program, due to the stipulations on my scholarship, I was also working part-time at UCM.

Going back to school and completing the Masterโ€™s program was one of the best things that I could do for myself and my family. I was rewarded with a bounty of knowledge, a deep sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction.

@Avani21CMSU is what it was called when I attended. Immediately my friend and I got Rushed by Delta Chi Fraternity! We joined and I must say it was the best experience I have ever had in my life. Meeting a bunch of great guys from all walks of life and from all over the country learning the diversity of cultures and experiences taught me a lot about life.

A lot of us said we wanted to be professional students and stay there forever! Learning to work with the administration and getting to know my instructors was key to making my stay there a true learning experience.

Get used to the place. It is a small town but it is fun there. I miss warrensburg.

Be more social. Get part in different on campus activities. Also try to get on campus job. It wonโ€™t only generate yourself some pocket money but will also keeps you busy somehow. And it is good to be busy.

Interact more with professors from your department. Contribute in anyway you can to the school. You will learn more and will help in the future days.

CMSU is what it was called when I attended. Immediately my friend and I got Rushed by Delta Chi Fraternity! We joined and I must say it was the best experience I have ever had in my life. Meeting a bunch of great guys from all walks of life and from all over the country learning the diversity of cultures and experiences taught me a lot about life.

A lot of us said we wanted to be professional students and stay there forever! Learning to work with the administration and getting to know my instructors was key to making my stay there a true learning experience.