The American Association of University Women (AAUW) offers International Fellowships to women to study in the US. These fellowships support women to study full-time graduate and post-doctoral programs in the US, who are not US citizens or permanent residents.
Type of scholarship -
- August 1, 2021 - Application opens.
- November 15, 2021 - Deadline for the submission of the completed application.
- April 15, 2022 - Applicants notified of the decision.
- July 1, 2022–June 30, 2023 - Fellowship year
Funding amount -
Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
- The applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must have applied to the proposed/target institution by the time of fellowship application.
- Previous fellowship recipients are not eligible. Though, unsuccessful applicants can reapply.
- International Fellowships are open to students who identify as women.
- Have citizenship in any country other than the US.
- Should devote themselves full-time to their academics during their fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country upon the completion of their studies to pursue a professional career.
- Should be proficient in English.
- Name of the intended institution must be mentioned on the fellowship application.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program but must be conducting a full year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
Funds can be used for -
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars that do not exceed 10% of the fellowship total.
Documents required -
- Recommendations - Provide three recommendations from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background.
- Documents - transcripts of the highest degree. The transcript must include a list of courses taken and the grades received.
- Proof of English proficiency. Adhere to the minimum score set by the organization.
- Written statement verifying the applicant’s native language is English.
Read about AAUW International Fellowships
Leave your questions below for any further queries.